shape
carat
color
clarity

Which dress do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilikesparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies!

My wedding dress search continues and I can not make up my mind. I just found these two dresses, which are actually both already in my size. That is a big part of the reason I am considering them. This helps keep the cost down.

I am doing a small "garden" wedding. Just letting you know in case you think one is more appropriate for that setting than the other.

I am also considering a simple JCrew wedding dress....maybe. I have not tried them on yet though.

This first dress is a Lazaro. I forget the style number.

IMG_1972_2 - Small.jpg

ilikesparkles

Rough_Rock
This second dress is an Alvina Valenta. Again, I forget the style number.

These pictures are entirely too huge. I can''t figure out how to make them smaller. Sorry.

Also, please ignore the white gloves. They had me wear them to prevent damage to the dresses.

Second Dress Picture.jpg

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Both dresses are gorgeous and look really nice on you! I don''t think you could go wrong with either dress, but IMO, the first one looks to me to be more of a garden wedding style gown...it is soft and romantic and flowy...the second one seems a bit more formal, but is still very pretty!

Good luck!
21.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the neckline of the first one on you, and I think the dress fits the garden setting perfectly. Gorgeous.
1.gif

ilikesparkles

Rough_Rock
Really?! Ok. Thats funny because I was leaning a bit more towards the second one only because I thought it was LESS formal, and therefore more suitable for a small garden wedding.

I thought the "poofyness" of the first one made it more formal. Also the fabric is very shiney and thick.

I also am having a heck of a time with this dress stuff and don''t really know what I am talking about.. hah.

E B

Ideal_Rock
The FIRST! I
30.gif
it.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
#1.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 9:47:27 AM
Author: ilikesparkles
Really?! Ok. Thats funny because I was leaning a bit more towards the second one only because I thought it was LESS formal, and therefore more suitable for a small garden wedding.

I thought the 'poofyness' of the first one made it more formal. Also the fabric is very shiney and thick.

I also am having a heck of a time with this dress stuff and don't really know what I am talking about.. hah.

The crystal beading on the second gown and the neckline is what makes it more formal, IMO than the first. The flowery lace and the satin sash aren't as formal as the crystal beading and would fit in better in a garden setting...but that's my take on the two!
2.gif

Editing to add, if you really feel the first dress/fabric is too heavy, you could look for a similar style with a lighter weight fabric....if that would make you feel more comfortable!
21.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 9:36:32 AM
Author: Ara Ann
Both dresses are gorgeous and look really nice on you! I don''t think you could go wrong with either dress, but IMO, the first one looks to me to be more of a garden wedding style gown...it is soft and romantic and flowy...the second one seems a bit more formal, but is still very pretty!

Good luck!
21.gif

ditto! but really you look great in both dresses.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 hands down!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Here are your dresses resized and side by side...

I prefer #2.

ilikesparklesdresses.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like the skirt shape of the second gown, but the first gown is stunning!

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
#1 is gorgeous!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the cut and fit of the 2nd one is more flattering.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the 1st. Beautiful lace.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for #1. I agree with most of the other ladies that it feels more "garden" to me! I feel like the silhouette on #2 is too modern for a garden wedding.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
#1 for all of the reasons mentioned above (better for a garden wedding, etc). Plus, if I can find a way to put this delicately, it flatters your figure more...by which I mean, "the girls" look good in it. For some reason I think your bust is de-emphasized in the 2nd dress so you don''t look as curvy and feminine as in the first.

saster

Rough_Rock
I like the 1st one, too. It''s very romantic - and I think the lace top and applique on the bottom would be really beautiful for a garden wedding.

You look great in both, though!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Both pretty dresses, but my opinion is that #2 simply looks better on you and flatters your figure more. And I think it''s okay to still be sophisticated in a garden-style wedding.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second. I was leaning towards the first until I saw the smaller versions, and I feel like the first dress is wearing you and you are wearing the second dress. You have such a great figure, and the first one almost seems to hide it...

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Very well said Freke. I agree. When I saw the smaller versions it was a no-brainer. Your shape is more defined in the second one.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like number one the best. I like the details, it seems to fit the best and show off your body the best and it seems most appropriate for your wedding.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Love them both but my vote is for #2! The fit just compliments your beautiful figure!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one. Both looks good on you. With such a bod, any dress will look stunning on you.

For the garden theme, I think the second one would do. It is not an over-formal or under-formal either. I love the way it hugs your middle part which make it look its best. You have a great mid-section bod, so why not flaunt it. The first dress hides your mid-section under its big (unnecessary) bow.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
they''re both beautiful but the 1st is fitting for a garden-style wedding.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I know this probably won''t help much but, I say get what you love the most, regardless of what kind of wedding you are having. I had a pretty small wedding in a fairly plain church. I bet some people might have thought my dress was too formal for my style of wedding but I just loved it too much to really care.

If you are really set on having a dress that matches the theme of your wedding then I''d say go for #1. Like others have said, #2 is a more formal dress and shape. It reminds me of gowns you would see on the red carpet at the Oscars. They are both gorgeous but #2 is more small garden wedding to me.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Both of these are so pretty. I think either could fit the feel you are going for. #2 is definitely my favorite. The shape reminds me of something out of my fair ladyesque garden party. Not too modern in my book!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
the side by side comparison really helped.

the 2nd one looks sexier. and the 1st one is sweet. i guess it depends on what look you''re going after but they are both pretty.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 12:29:19 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I think the cut and fit of the 2nd one is more flattering.
Ditto. The 2nd looks smashing on you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results