shape
carat
color
clarity

Which dress do you like the best?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having a HARD time finding a dress. I found one that was "THE DRESS" and when I saw it in pics it was awful. I can't get that dress out of my mind. After a horrible first experience at David's Bridal, I went for a second time on the 4th. I had the place almost completely to myself! It was great. These are the top two dresses and I just don't know which one I'd pick. I am still looking at other stores, but I want to know which one of these you all like better. Thanks!

100_0197.JPG

100_0199.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
This is the second dress.

100_0229.JPG

100_0235.JPG

So_In_Love

Rough_Rock
I like the 2nd dress more; I fell like the 1st dress has "too much going on" =)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Tough choice! I prefer #2 though, in the end. I like the slight scoop neckline and the flow of the bodice into the skirt. The lace appliques are well placed and then hemline is so pretty!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Can I like the first dress modified to have a slight scoopneck like the second?

I think if you tried on and loved the first dress, something that unique just must be worn!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second one better.

I like the first one. The ruffles are gorgeous and I think you look better in it.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the first dress. Personally, I find it more flattering. It is a little busy, but I don't think it is outrageous. :))

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say #1! It is very flattering on you and more remarkable than the 2nd option :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I pick the 1st one, I also think it is more flattering to your figure!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i think the dropped waist on the fist one is making you look disproportionate.

i love the shape of the second dress on you & love the neckline & lace! so, i'm voting for #2!!

btw, what was the first dress that you can't get out of your mind? sometimes pics in the sample dresses just aren't flattering; it doesn't necessarily mean when the dress is in your size & fitted to your body that it's not going to look fab.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. It seems to be rather split. Personally I think I look "bigger" in the first dress than in the second.

I'm going to see if I can dig up a picture of "the" dress. I loved it then saw the pics and cried myself to sleep :(

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
This is the dress that I LOVED! I was so excited. I don't have a slip on in the first pic, so that doesn't help. In the last pic I photoshopped the straps away. I'd have it made sweetheart strapless. The dress zipped TIGHTLY. I've lost weight since and I've thought about going back to try it on if it hasn't sold.

casa_mod.jpg

casa_back.jpg

casa_front.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I think you look great in the third dress! The shape is really flattering. It's definitely my favorite of the three you posted.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
lucy are you serious???? The front on view looks ok to you? I think I look fat as can be! :(

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for going to try on the 3rd dress again; see if your opinion has changed. with the slip & without the straps i think it looks great on you.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
hoofbeats95 said:
lucy are you serious???? The front on view looks ok to you? I think I look fat as can be! :(

Completely serious! The third dress gives you a great hourglass shape. You look curvy and well-proportioned...NOT fat!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I'm definitely going to try it on again. I'm going to a casablanca trunk show at the end of August that should have all kinds of dresses in larger sizes. :) I will try this on one more time before then. I am stillin shock that you think that one is the best of the three!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Go Back
The third dress is definitely the most flattering
Many brides to be here don't seem to see themselves as they really are
When they look at pictures.
Tears seem to be quite frequent

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the first one!!! So gorgeous and unique!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like the casa dress hugs my hips too low. That it accentuates my hips that I hate! No one sees that? Don't worry about being harsh, I can take it. I've stared at these pics for over a month now.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My choice would be 3, 2, 1... in that order. To me the third dress doesn't accentuate your hips, it accentuates your waist... and that neckline is just lovely on you. The second also looks very nice on you, it just doesn't compare to the third one. I'm not crazy about dress #1 mainly because because of the low waist lulu mentioned, plus I'm just not digging all those ruffles. ;))

If you go try on the third one again, check with one of the alterations experts to see whether it would be possible to trim a tiny bit of fabric from the front, in the armpit area. Then again, it sounds like you'll be able to order a smaller size, which might take care of that...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dress #3! Go try it on again and come back with pics!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I agree, you need to try #3 on again. This time have them clip the entire back together so it doesn't gap so much and we can get a better idea of how it will fit. It is so flattering on you. After that one, I like #1, but I like it when a lot is going on. :naughty:

milinda

Rough_Rock
I liked the last one, the most. we brought a similar one for our daughter. as princessplease said, these are unique pieces.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
miraclesrule said:
I agree, you need to try #3 on again. This time have them clip the entire back together so it doesn't gap so much and we can get a better idea of how it will fit. It is so flattering on you. After that one, I like #1, but I like it when a lot is going on. :naughty:

The third dress IS completely zipped in the first picture. It was really tight, so we unzipped it for that final picture to see if the front loosened up a little bit. It has an asymmetrical waist line that was annoying me when I looked in the mirror. I thought maybe because it was pulled too tight, so we unzipped.

Not sure about the armpit area. Ideally I'd order a sweetheart, strapless neckline, so it wouldn't look the same. Hence my photoshop attempt in that third picture.

Milinda - princess was referring to #1 as being unique. I find it interesting that the responses are kind of across the board. :)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
The casa dress is 1897. I really thought someone on here posted pics of themselves in this dress as well. But I'm unable to find it right now.

skye425

Rough_Rock
I love the third the most. But it's most important for you to feel amazing in it.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
skye425 said:
I love the third the most. But it's most important for you to feel amazing in it.

Oh I felt AMAZING in that third dress. Till I saw the pics and my world came crashing down.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
What about these two dresses? The first is a Mori Lee. The second is a Jasmine. The Jasmine is a size 6!!! They have these awesome backs in their dresses so that almost any size can try the dress on. It's still not quite right. I did find this dress in my size @ Low's Bridal. Unfortunately no pics without purchase. It looked quite a bit better. I showed all these (5) pics to a guy friend. He chose the Jasmine.

100_0142.JPG

100_0134.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results