Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The one in the middle

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • The one on the right

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, so I managed to get a picture with the stones I'm considering side by side. In the center was the overwhelming favorite the last time. I'll avoid posting specs etc, and just ask that we go stat blind - just judge from the way it looks.

Which would you prefer? As an aside, each time these FCDs are photographed, they look extremely different. Hope that people who have more (any) FCD experience can chip in. Will the stones still look beautiful to the eye? I know it is subjective... I'm just finding it hard as the photos are very inconsistent.

I am now arranging a trip to view the gems face to face.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh sorry the picture is here.

Attachments

• Copy of 3 pinks.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 436

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based only on this one pic, here is my order of preference:

1. Right (by a huge margin even thought it is the smallest)
2. Center
3. Left

FCDs are all about the color.
Get the best color you can.

I can't tell you how powerful the appearance is of my tiny 0.08 ct FI Greenish Blue Pear.
Kick-@ss color makes up for size.

My2cents

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1309504498|2959681 said:
Hi, so I managed to get a picture with the stones I'm considering side by side. In the center was the overwhelming favorite the last time. I'll avoid posting specs etc, and just ask that we go stat blind - just judge from the way it looks.

Which would you prefer? As an aside, each time these FCDs are photographed, they look extremely different. Hope that people who have more (any) FCD experience can chip in. Will the stones still look beautiful to the eye? I know it is subjective... I'm just finding it hard as the photos are very inconsistent.

I am now arranging a trip to view the gems face to face.

YES!!! Tell me about it.
Mine do too and I'm not trying to sell anything.

FCDs change how they look, hue saturation and tone all the time.
They are like chameleons reacting to the environment and the lighting, so it makes sense that the same FCD will look different in different pics unless lighting and environment are tightly controlled and repeated.
The other colors do this too, not just pink.

I feel pretty strongly that the one on the right is going to do a much better job of maintaining it's rich color in every environment and lighting.
When you get them please view them in as many environments as you can.
Also take them out of the white case and hold them in tweezers.
Also place them between your closed fingers.

I'm so happy you are going to view them live!!!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Left side stone

Center Stone

Right Side Stone

0.24 FVPP.jpg

0.44FIP.jpg

Attachments

• 0.53.bmp
    594.2 KB · Views: 419
T

talamasca

It really depends on what colour you want. I personally don't like the one on the left, I really like the colour of the right one, but would still go for the size and colour of the middle, but then I love pale pink!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't bought a FCD before but judging from the color of the pics, I love the pink one on the right.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I love the one on the right most for your purposes - and I also know that in the FCD world that will be the most sensible choice.

But I'm also gonna be the only nutter who says I'd like most to wear the one on the LEFT!!!! ( :-o I know! :-o ) - because I have a serious weakness for that kind of peachy-pink, adore its cutting and flashes of gold, and I can imagine a setting for it immediately.

But you're prolly not buying for me ;-) so I would reiterate - the one on the right :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1309504718|2959683 said:
Oh sorry the picture is here.

The peachy one on the left can't hold a candle to the other two, so I would totally discount it, unless it's more in your budget, and you want the other two for reference.

As for the other two, the smaller pink is the more valuable color, but if you want bigger face up, the middle stone does it, and the middle stone color can be enhanced by the right metal. For a serious FCD collector though, it would be the smallest stone to the right by a huge margin. It depends on what you want, face up, or a more valuable stone in the future.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
If you're going for color then I'd go with the one on the right. If you're going more for size then I'd go with the one in the middle.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one on the right if for color alone. The center one if for size.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think I would try to find one with a color in between the one on the middle and the one on the right :)

but out of those three, the far right for sure, followed by the center one. I do not like the one on the left.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1309535663|2959931 said:
I think I would try to find one with a color in between the one on the middle and the one on the right :)

but out of those three, the far right for sure, followed by the center one. I do not like the one on the left.

I know right??? I have been saying the exact thing... but I've searched every known FCD vendor my browser and google can find... so far, to date, it doesn't exist. (Stupid rare hard to find dang things these FCDs are... grumble grumble...)

Something like the one on the right in the size of the one in the middle would be way off budget.

I'm actually hoping the one in the center in real life has a beautiful presence all of its own.

Funny enough, if it turns up being pure 'pink' it is actually a lot harder to find than the vivid on the right. There are a whole bunch of small argyles the colour of the one on the right. Hardly anything in the colour range of the one in the center.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Even though the one on the right has the more desired color and is very beautiful, if it were me, I would choose the middle one. There is just something about that pretty delicate pink.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
ditto, if you like paler pink get the middle one... otherwise the right one...

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I love the rightmost one!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, it's a no-brainer. The one on the right. It's the most saturated and has a very attractive purplish pink colour. The cutting is very pretty also. The centre one only has a hint of pink and I suspect the pink will be difficult to see in some lights. I have a few pinks that look like that and they annoy me!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one on the left - what a gorgeous colour! Like perfectly ripe peaches :love:
It would go into a coppery rose gold milgrain bezel :sun:

Plus both the delicate baby pink of that centre and the hot pink right would look horrible with my (warm, darker tanned) skin and I know it. So that's another something for you - which would look best against your SO's skin?

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the inputs once again, interestingly the one on the left was my second choice prior to this group photo. Partly due to budget, but now I think it can be discarded.

My SO would have fair skin, so any would be fine. I THINK her preference would be for a paler pink, although my eyes are drawn to the rightmost one... confused. The key thing though is the rightmost one is almost too small for my needs - it is barely 1/4 ct and might not do the job in an e-ring. Even I think it is too small...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it's all over will you show her these threads?

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Such beautiful gems, wow! It all depends on what you're looking for, and it sounds like a mix between the one on the middle and the one on the right. In my opinion, the one in the middle has more versatility in that it will match with a variety of colors and styles of clothing. That's just my opinion though. I like the one on the left too. I think coppery gems are beautiful.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
They're all beautiful!

I already saw Tristan's answer, but I here's my 2 cents:
1) Right, because in the world of FCD, go for color (like everyone said above)
2) Left, in pink gold. This is my personal favorite, but I think it is an acquired taste.
3) Middle, in a pink gold bezel, contrasted with a white diamond halo in platinum. I think darkening of the stone with a bezel, and setting in pink gold will make the pink look pinker, and contrasting with white diamonds in a white metal will make it pop.

If there is a brown tone in number 2, I would not consider it, but I am assuming it does not.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know NOTHING about colored diamonds except I think they are beautiful. I am not a "pink" girl so the one on the right doesn't wow me. I am guessing it should. But that middle stone's color makes me swoon.... I like it a lot!!!! :love: :love: :love:

vsc

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I love the stone on the left - I am a big fan of peachy pinks :love: I agree that the one on the right is objectively the best color - and I would say, it's not too small for an engagement ring. Maybe just not in a plain solitaire setting. Look up engagement ring designs from Europe - a lot of people there have .10-.25 diamonds in very beautiful settings that really enhance the look of the stone.

That said, I think the "personalities" of the three stones are very different and it would be helpful to know what your SO likes... (I'm assuming she loves pink if you are looking for a pink diamond for her) Does she wear a lot of bright colors? Pastels? Neutrals?

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
you know, the right one in a double halo WOULD BE KILLER!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results