shape
carat
color
clarity

Which do you find more interesting the science or the lore of colored gems?

Are you more likely to buy from a site that talks about the science or the romance of gems?

• I prefer sites that tell me about the fascinating romance of gems

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I like sites that tell me about both.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering... When you guys go to a jewelry website that sells and has information about colored gems, which do you find more intriguing: the science of gemology or the romantic lore of the gemstone?

Take spinels for instance, would you find information about their hardness, chemical makeup, what gives them the their color, region they're mined, etc... more interesting? Or would you find the stories behind spinels like the fact that one of the most famous rubies in the british crown jewels is really a spinel or that they're believed to have such-and-such properties more interesting? Ok maybe spinels are not the best example, but you know what I mean - this gem was believed to neutralize poison, that gem is associated with purity/loyalty, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results