shape
carat
color
clarity

Which dishwashing liquid do you use to clean your diamond?

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Dawn, Joy, Ajax? Which one is the least harsh to clean diamonds?? :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Which dishwashing liquid do you use to clean your diamon

What kind of setting do you have?

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock

Hi diamondseeker, it's a 90yr old platinum setting with oec's in it.....trans cut stone center.... :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:wavey: Oh, how wonderful! Most around here say Dawn, but I don't think it really matters. Platinum can handle a squirt of Windex, too. I use that when I need a very quick cleaning! I've heard that is band for white gold because it has ammonia in it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like Mr. Clean and use that on my White Gold earrings. Your ring sounds gorgeous!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks!!only have Joy right now so I guess no harm in using that for tonight! :wavey:

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks!!only have Joy right now so I guess no harm in using that for tonight! :wavey:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

I use dawn and hot water, then I may shine with a squirt of glass cleaner on a paper towel If I feel like making them really shiny =)

sarah95

Shiny_Rock

Dawn. I soak it in Dawn and hot water, then use a baby toothbrush to clean it, rinse, then dry.

afreebird

Shiny_Rock

My jeweler told me to heat Windex for about ten seconds in the microwave, take it out and soak my platinum and diamond rings in it. I've been doing that for over a year now, and they are as shiny as can be. I love how smooth and brand-new they feel and look after cleaning.

ETA that I soak my rings in the Windex AFTER it comes out of the microwave. I guess I wasn't very clear once with a coworker when she asked me how I kept my rings so sparkling, and she microwaved her rings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

afreebird|1296519360|2838715 said:
My jeweler told me to heat Windex for about ten seconds in the microwave, take it out and soak my platinum and diamond rings in it. I've been doing that for over a year now, and they are as shiny as can be. I love how smooth and brand-new they feel and look after cleaning.

ETA that I soak my rings in the Windex AFTER it comes out of the microwave. I guess I wasn't very clear once with a coworker when she asked me how I kept my rings so sparkling, and she microwaved her rings.

You know, I can see that happening. And just being like...what?? Too funny.

Another fan of dawn here. No ammonia on my white gold either. But I do use it on my platinum pieces.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

None.
I use Isopropyl Alcohol.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock

Ditto - alcohol and no soap. If they are really dirty, I clean in a veggie based cleaner first, then a soak in alcohol and a shot of compressed air.

stci

Ideal_Rock

Dawn for me too and it make a great job! Diamond sparkle like crazy!

diva rose

Shiny_Rock

afreebird|1296519360|2838715 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to try Windex now.

hisboatmyring

Rough_Rock

Ive been using palmolive for the last 5 days since I recieved my e-ring. ( :love: ) I have been soaking in hot water 192 degree water to be exact, up to 3 times a day. I use a soft bristle tooth brush and am very gentle. Is this too much? :wacko:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've always used a few squirts of Windex or Fantastic in about a third of a cup of hot water in my ultrasonic to clean my e-ring. I don't have micropave, though, just a plain solitaire. Works like a charm every time! If I want to clean my ring upstairs (away from the microwave) I just use the local jeweler's cleaning solution (it's pink, I'm pretty sure it's universal) to dip my ring in and then use the little brush included for quick cleaning before I go out or something. I feel like the ultrasonic gets the ring and all its underparts cleaner than when I use the jeweler's solution and brush, but either one is better than nothing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results