shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamonds return the most light?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skitch

Rough_Rock
Asscher or Princess cut?

I was looking to buy my girlfriend and soon to be fiance a princess cut, but she just told me today that she prefers an Asscher cut above the Princess. I''ve been searching on dirtcheapdiamonds.com and I''ve found both an Asscher and Princess that she would like, but I''m not sure which to get her. Does anyone have pictures of both with similar 4 C''s? Which cut do you think looks more beautiful and why?

Thanks in advance.

Janelle

Rough_Rock
I think if she prefers the Asscher, then that is what you should get her.

As far as which one will return the most light, I don't know. But these two cuts return light in different ways, to provide two totally different looks.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
A well-cut princess can return almost as much light as a well-cut round, but light return is just one facet of the look of a diamond. The "look" of an assher and a princess are totally different. Asshers aren't cut so much for light return as for the distinctive step pattern on the pavillion. In fact, not all asshers are created equal, and the people who cut the Royal Assher might have a thing or two to say about run-of-the-mall "assher" cuts. It would be best to actually lay your peepers on some different cuts and see where your preferences lie.

If you are set on a square cut, you and your FW might want to look at radiant and flanders cuts too. Or maybe a square emerald is the ticket (my choice). You get more bang (weight) for your buck with fancy shapes, so personal preference plays an even more important role.

baloo

Rough_Rock
Check out the Regent cut. It's the only fancy cut Hearts & Arrows.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results