shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond would you pick?

Nexxo

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm in the process of picking a diamond for an engagement ring, where I think I have narrowed it down to a few performers. I would simply just like feedback on which one you would pick and why.

1st: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=5206458691

2nd: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=6205128464

3rd: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2206727640

The first 2 are very similar priced, where the 1st is slightly cheaper and has faint fluorescence that I like.

The 3rd is about 10% more, but I'm not really sure if it is worth the extra money.

All these stones have no pictures associated with them, would you feel comfortable buying any of them?

Cheers,

Nexxo

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Just curious if you've plugged in the numbers for HCA yet to see how they score? Also, have you seen them in person? I personally would prefer photos, ASET, video or more to give you the best information. It's hard to make an informed decision otherwise. :wavey:

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
I would want to see them all in person, they're too similar on paper, but will all look different in real life and very similar in scope images / photos, which do not represent differences with the eyes.

No doubt they will all be stunning stones though and way above what you typically see. The question remains which one is your favourite...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, I would probably go with number 2 (lacking any pictures). Good angles, decent table etc.

Pictures or idealscope images would help. Are they coming from the same vendor that has them in stock where they can look
at them and evaluate them for you? I'm guessing not.

I would only feel comfortable buying one if the vendor has a good/easy return policy.

Nexxo

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1442932278|3930540 said:
For me, I would probably go with number 2 (lacking any pictures). Good angles, decent table etc.

Pictures or idealscope images would help. Are they coming from the same vendor that has them in stock where they can look
at them and evaluate them for you? I'm guessing not.

I would only feel comfortable buying one if the vendor has a good/easy return policy.

I do agree, I think 2 does have the best angles and table %. However I do like fluorescence, which is my only negative towards that one.

These are all coming from the same vendor, but they don't have them in stock and they don't have any pictures. They need to call them in and there is a small deposit you have to put down ($125 per diamond).

My only concern is that is that there is something hugely wrong with them. As the diamond is rating with a VS2, is it possible there is a defect with the diamond and it can still get that rating?

Cheers

Nexxo

Rough_Rock
Rockinruby|1442928580|3930521 said:
Just curious if you've plugged in the numbers for HCA yet to see how they score? Also, have you seen them in person? I personally would prefer photos, ASET, video or more to give you the best information. It's hard to make an informed decision otherwise. :wavey:

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Yes I have used the HCA tool already to reduce my selection down.

Diamonds 1 and 2 both scored a 1.0, where 3 scored 1.3.

I have not seen them in person, but can call them in at a cost (see above post).

Nexxo

Rough_Rock
decisively_unsure|1442928846|3930523 said:
No doubt they will all be stunning stones though and way above what you typically see. The question remains which one is your favourite...

My favourite would the 3rd stone, as I feel there is less risk with it being a VS1, has colour G and faint fluorescence which I all like. However it is 10% more than the other stones, and slightly over the budget I wanted to spend.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nexxo|1442960218|3930679 said:
decisively_unsure|1442928846|3930523 said:

My favourite would the 3rd stone, as I feel there is less risk with it being a VS1, has colour G and faint fluorescence which I all like. However it is 10% more than the other stones, and slightly over the budget I wanted to spend.
If it's only slightly over your budget and you can swing it, the added value is there and you will probably never look back on buying up with regret. There is also some market psychology today that favors .80 over .79. Nicely made 80's and 90's have special appeal in the market today.

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
Just to clarify too, if you like fluorescence, you're not going to notice it with a "faint" grading you really need medium strong and upwards to notice it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results