shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Diamond would you pick?

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm new here and only know the very basics about diamonds. I was hoping you all could help me make a decision between 3 diamond rings my BF and I are looking at at Tiffany's. And yes, I know we could get much more diamond for our money elsewhere, but we're both totally in love with the Tiffany Embrace setting.

Anyway, here are our options on three Tiffany Embrace rings: (oh, and all three have .22 carat of halo diamonds surrounding the center stone)

1. .81 carat H IF for $11,100
2. .81 carat G VS1 for $10,000
3. .91 carat H VVS2 for $12,500

I'm personally leaning toward #2 because when I put #1 & #2 next to each other, #1 actually looked much darker to the eye. The less expensive diamond just looked SO much better visually... And when you compare the .81 and the .91 ring you really cannot tell the difference in size. I mean, you really had to look carefully to see the difference.

I was kind of disappointed that there were not more options in our price range, even at other stores. I was really hoping to get closer to a carat, but looks like that is not possible even though the website says this ring in a carat starts at $11,100.

Opinions? Thoughts?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd go with #2, though without seeing the certs for other measurements, it's hard to say.

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Thanks vennyfire! That's totally the one I'm leaning toward too. I've pretty much ruled out #1 all together, as it looks really dark to my eye when compared to the other two.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
if you have your heart on tiffany, then probably #2 based on what you gave us.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would try calling around and seeing if you can get a VS2 or SI1. But of those three I would pick the 2nd one.

ashley16

Rough_Rock
hi holly -

#2 - w/o a doubt. you will not see any inclusions w/ a VS1 and I really think a G shows up much whiter than a H. I would just confirm that the surround halo melee are F/G in color so that there is a good compliment factor. good luck!

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Thank you, thank you everyone! You all have been SO kind to respond, despite my only having minimal information to go on. All your answers have been incredibly helpful, and are definitely making me realize that I was leaning in the right direction from the start!

Again, THANK YOU! I will post a pick of our final decision!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me? I would insist on a G/H VS2/SI1 being located for me that was larger and likely less money.

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Thanks Dreamer. Does anyone know what kind of diamond inventory Tiffany has? I mean, I do find it weird that should could only find about 4 different rings in that style that were in the $10,000 - $12,500 price range... Is this normal?

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
HollyRF|1307095854|2936784 said:
I was kind of disappointed that there were not more options in our price range, even at other stores. I was really hoping to get closer to a carat, but looks like that is not possible even though the website says this ring in a carat starts at $11,100.

Opinions? Thoughts?

I am guessing they mean total carat weight, because .81 and .22 is over a carat, kwim?

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness, Sparkly! You are TOTALLY right. I completely overlooked this! Thank you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the other hand, the lowest color and clarity they carry is I believe I/Si1 (in rounds, not sure about this ring in particular), and that would cost a lot less than the stones the OP posted, likely getting to the ct. point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results