shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tookeybird

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to decide between three round diamonds for an engagement ring:

Diamond #1 (GIA Cert)
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.0
Table: 61.0
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX
Culet: None
Fluor: None
Carat: 2.01
Price: $21,750

Diamond #2 (GIA cert)
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 61.1
Table: 57.0
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Carat: 2.02
Price: $22,250

Diamond #3 (AGS 000)
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 61.9
Table: 56.0
Polish: ID
Symmetry: ID
Carat: 2.00
Price: $23,000

Which would you choose? I've done a decent amount of reading on-line but am still a novice in this area. I don't have the detail on the angles or measurements.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, what do you think of the prices? Are they reasonable?

Thanks!!

Yupi

Rough_Rock
#2 diamond.

Regarding the price, you need to search on the net for similar stones for comparison.

shyguy

Rough_Rock
#1 looks like it has too big of a table (somewhere in the 53% to 57% range is best)), so it wouldn't be an equivalent cut to the other two.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The proportions are a little out of whack on #1 and I think the price reflects that.

#2 will appear larger than #3 if the spread is in line with the differences of table and depth measurements.

#3 has Ideal Polish, Symmetry, and Proportions. Being an AGS Cert, you should be able to get crown and pavilion angles from the vendor. Check the HCA and if that looks good (under 2), that's the one I'd lean toward. The price is definitely in line from the quick check I did searching F VS1 H&A's.

Be sure to check out girdle measurements. Don't want a very thin girdle on a rock like any of those!

Hope this helps!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results