shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond should I purchase?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
They're all great. It'd come down the the VVS2 and the J, but because of the big price difference, I'd say the J. In the pictures, it doesn't look like there's a color difference between the two. I'd ask the gemologist on staff, BUT PUT THESE ON HOLD at least the one that's your favorite.

new4diamond

Rough_Rock
On the HCA, both of the VS1 get a score of 1.0 & the VVS2 gets a score of 1.8

Also, on the AGS lab reports the J VS1 seems to have the best Light Performance image.

Can you use the AGS report Light Performance image to compare as all are AGS0 Ideal?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don't ever use the HCA with AGS Ideal cut stones since they are evaluated for light performance, and a lower score is not better than a higher one when 2.0 or under.

No, I would not compare computer generated ASET images on AGS reports to decide on a diamond. They are all ideal on light performance and all have excellent idealscope images. Of the three, I would choose the 1.30 I VVS2 because I would not choose a J graded by AGS since they are a little generous with color grading and it is larger than the 1.26. But I would choose one of the two I color stones because I can easily see the tint in a J.

new4diamond

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1357348121|3347674 said:
You don't ever use the HCA with AGS Ideal cut stones since they are evaluated for light performance, and a lower score is not better than a higher one when 2.0 or under.

No, I would not compare computer generated ASET images on AGS reports to decide on a diamond. They are all ideal on light performance and all have excellent idealscope images. Of the three, I would choose the 1.30 I VVS2 because I would not choose a J graded by AGS since they are a little generous with color grading and it is larger than the 1.26. But I would choose one of the two I color stones because I can easily see the tint in a J.

I thought that AGS & GIA used the same master stone sets for color as to establich a somewhat standard among the 2 of them.

I don't know if I could pick a I from a J, but If I could see the tint, I would go with the I.

I now see on the lab reports that the image is computer generated, didn't notice this. I will assume an actual ASET picture is much better to compare.

Thanks alot for the information....

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
still would stick with the 1.29 j vs1. If you look at the ags reports, the 1.30 has far more green where as the 1.29 has barley any. It doesn't matter that it's "computer generated". The idealscope also looks better.

new4diamond

Rough_Rock
04diamond<3|1357360940|3347810 said:
still would stick with the 1.29 j vs1. If you look at the ags reports, the 1.30 has far more green where as the 1.29 has barley any. It doesn't matter that it's "computer generated". The idealscope also looks better.

Thought the same thing...if the computer generated a light image, then that image should reflect what the light performance is....is not that the idea that is behind what AGS is trying to report with their Light Performance?

I realize what your eyes see may not be the same, could be worse/better....I would think the report would count for something.

Thanks...I plan to have them look at the J stone and give me an expert look if the J falls closer to I or K, again I would be willing to say I could never tell.....It will be in one of their white/gold settings, but will have small side stones in the H range, they can compare how the J would look in a specific setting, maybe that is the key for color choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results