shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond should I get? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I need some help with some diamond I found. Which one do you think it''s better and why? The more I see the better I want to get. The first 2 are color E, and the last one is color D.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1171/
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-66688.htm#
http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00414641&filter_id=0

Thank you in advance for any help or comments you might have on these diamonds.
21.gif

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
D/E color is certainly overkill, especially in an ACA/Ideal cut round.

Even if you/your gf are extremely color sensitive, you should at least go down to an F (and probably a G) and save money or get a bigger stone.

Good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ve picked out 3 excellent diamonds!

I''m not sure what you mean by "better". If you mean cut, you''re there, and could go down on color and clarity. But if you mean color and clarity, you''re also there, and just have to pick one. You''re not going to see a difference between D and E, so I''d scratch the D.

You also wouldn''t see any color all the way down to G, possibly H, which would allow you to save, or get a bigger stone.
28.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 3:50:21 PM
Author: jayrenay9
The Blue Nile one isn''t available. The other two are very nice.
You''re right, didn''t see that.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first two are almost identical...as a matter of fact, they are close enough to be matched for earrings! Either would be a great choice!

Thank you for all the replies... I really appreciate all the good advices. Diamondseaker said that the 2 remaiing (whiteflash and goodoldgold) are almost identical... the inclusion of one is clouds, and the other one has more marked inclusions. Which one will be a better choice?

The other option given from niceice looks good too.. how does it compare with the 2 choices i have? The size is definetely bigger...

Thanks!

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 3:35:01 PM
Author: Ellen
You''ve picked out 3 excellent diamonds!

I''m not sure what you mean by ''better''. If you mean cut, you''re there, and could go down on color and clarity. But if you mean color and clarity, you''re also there, and just have to pick one. You''re not going to see a difference between D and E, so I''d scratch the D.

You also wouldn''t see any color all the way down to G, possibly H, which would allow you to save, or get a bigger stone.
28.gif
Ditto ! And both vendors Goodoldgold and Whiteflash are very reputable and have very good evaluations on this forum so you can''t go wrong.
1.gif

Personally, I would probably go for an F or G to get a bigger stone since the difference of colour between D and F is so slight that only trained gemologists can make it out and mostly when the stone is loose.

Most lay people can''t differenciate between F and G in an unmounted stone and it is extremely difficult even for trained eyes to spot a G from an F in a mounted stone. If you are very sensitive to colour you may want to stay on a safe side and settle for no less than a G. D and E are IMO not cost effective but of course it is a matter of personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results