shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond should I choose? Poll

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
Me again haha.

Alright so I've FINALLY narrowed it down to 2 possible stones and will be pulling the trigger on one or the other tomorrow! They are VERY similar and I'm struggling to decide. I will be setting it in a petite halo if that matters. Both have "hearts and arrows" on the certificates, although I did not search for that nor are they part of the signature collection. I'm told the optical symmetry and precision is slightly better with the 1.58. But.... the 1.66 is bigger lol. The 1.58 is also a little cheaper but both are within budget. If you click on the links, it says not available because it's on hold for me.

Which one and why? Thank you all so much in advance!

Choice #1:
1.58 carats
E color
VS2
Ideal
7.45x7.47x4.6mm
57% table, 61.6% total depth
34.7 degree CA, 40.8 degree PA
HCA score: 1.3 AGS: 0

Choice #2:
1.66 carats
E color
VS2
Ideal
7.62x7.65x4.65mm
58% table, 60.9% total depth
34.5 degree CA, 40.9 degree PA
AGS: 0 (Don't have the HCA for this one unfortunately)

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Number one. Crisp, symmetrical arrows, nice contrast, and should be eye clean.
Number two didn’t make the cut because it looked like there was some potential light leakage (lots of black areas between arrows) and the overall look just wasn’t as sharp.

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
Number one. Crisp, symmetrical arrows, nice contrast, and should be eye clean.
Number two didn’t make the cut because it looked like there was some potential light leakage (lots of black areas between arrows) and the overall look just wasn’t as sharp.

Thank you so much! Do you think the size difference would be noticeable at all? I originally had a 1.7 picked out and had my heart set on that size... but ended up not being thrilled with the cut. I know the difference is only .17mm between the two and likely will not be noticeable?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I hear people start to notice a difference at .2 mm. I think the difference is pretty minimal and especially once set won’t be be noticeable at all.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like you already snapped it up, but my vote is for option #1 as well. Same reasons as stated above by anangel.

Do come back with pictures when you are able! :D

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely the first one. Looks much nicer with less leakage

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
Looks like you already snapped it up, but my vote is for option #1 as well. Same reasons as stated above by anangel.

Do come back with pictures when you are able! :D

I did! Thank you so much. Really appreciate the response, makes me feel better everyone seems to agree with my choice! I will be having my ring re-set and adding a thin halo. Will definitely post an update! Thanks again

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
yayyyyy I'm so happy for you!

I appreciate all of your help and advice through this @lovedogs ! Now is phase two of designing the petite halo haha. The stone just arrived here literally 5 minutes ago and it is BEAUTIFUL. So glad I prioritized the cut over size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results