shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond of these to select? Calling all experienced eyes ~1CT, LGD

new_learner321

Rough_Rock
Hey all, following up from my precious post.

I think I may buy a stone directly from Adiamor (provided the jeweler is still willing to make the mount for me). I realized for the same money or less, I can go from a E, VS2 to a D, VVS1.

I have narrowed down to this list of 9, trying to determine which to pull the trigger on. (sorted cost low to high):

I don't know how to further refine from this list, I selected these from a prefiltered list which filtered for proportions, I selected these based off of apparent sparkle.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Feeling somewhat overwhelmed.

new_learner321

Rough_Rock
Pears are really hard so if Adiamor can help vet a stone for you, that would be ideal.

Of the nine, I found the second one had the least mush.

This one came up as a suggested stone: https://www.adiamor.com/Lab-Diamonds/1.01-ct-D-VVS1-Excellent-Cut-Pear-Diamond/D49271477?rfr=similar

It's more expensive but the facets are nice and clean.

Hope a pear expert can help!

Thank you for the info!

To clarify, when you say "mush", is this referring to the perceived "cloudiness/milkyness"?

This is how I have been trying to select these stones:

If you look at the stone from the side (along the table) and slowly rotate the stone such that the table begins to point towards you, I have been trying to refine my list to the stones that have the most "sparkles" or "light reflections" when rotating view along this axis.

The one you linked looks distinctly more transparent, and I am not noticing these glints of light when rotating the view in the same manner. Which is more desirable? The stone you linked certainly looks more "glass like" from my perspective.

One thing I will add, I am have added the filter through Adiamor of "Ships Soon" as I am somewhat on a time crunch, hoping to find a stone I get get in hand within the week.

new_learner321

Rough_Rock
Pears are really hard so if Adiamor can help vet a stone for you, that would be ideal.

Of the nine, I found the second one had the least mush.

This one came up as a suggested stone: https://www.adiamor.com/Lab-Diamonds/1.01-ct-D-VVS1-Excellent-Cut-Pear-Diamond/D49271477?rfr=similar

It's more expensive but the facets are nice and clean.

Hope a pear expert can help!

Here, I made a quick graphic for comparison. I have typically been looking for stones that reflect light how the one on the left does. The one you linked appears distinctly different. Which should I be looking for?

I am after which will have the best light performance for the most fire/sparkle. I have been warned against buying a stone that looks like "glass" and has no fire/sparkle, and that what I am trying hard to avoid. Maybe I misinterpreted that. Stone_comparison_2022-07-19_09h27_51.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results