shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond is better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gunslinger

Rough_Rock
Which diamond is better bang for the buck and appearance? All help is greatly appreciated!

round diamond 3.01, J color, VS 2, 61.5 depth, and 57 percentages table, ex and ex polish and symetry, GIA rating for 29,070, james allen list as ideal cut

or diamond 2--with details of round 3.01, I color, SI-1, depth of 60.3 and table of 53, ex and ex, GIA for 28,00o range, cut stated by GIA cert as good with james allen listing cut as ideal-?? Thanks again

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crown and pavilion angles would be very helpful. you can utilize HCA.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its pretty much a dead heat finish. The small difffermce between the stones is indicated by the price and the sum of the grading and parameters. If you looked at both of them, side-by-side, you might have a slight preference for one over the other for a subjective reason or a feeling. Any real difference is nominal mor than likely.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 2:30:46 PM
Author: JulieN
crown and pavilion angles would be very helpful. you can utilize HCA.
ditto that. you''re only scratching the surface as far as comparisons go. you really need the crown/pavilion angles to see where the real differences lie.

gunslinger

Rough_Rock
The missing angles for the 3.01 I color diamond are 33 degrees for the upper and 40 degress for the other lower angle. I did the HCA test and it came out to be a 2.0. I dont have the other information for the other diamond. Are these diamonds worth purchasing? Thanks

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 3:38:09 PM
Author: gunslinger
The missing angles for the 3.01 I color diamond are 33 degrees for the upper and 40 degress for the other lower angle. I did the HCA test and it came out to be a 2.0. I dont have the other information for the other diamond. Are these diamonds worth purchasing? Thanks
Maybe, but need more exact information. Can you post the more specific cown/pavillion angles for the I diamond and perhaps contact the vendor for the crown/pavillion for the second one? Personally though, I''d keep the the table between 54-57...53 is a tad small.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bryce, look on the GIA reports on the diamond diagram, you should see the crown and pavillion angles there.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:35:23 AM
Author: Lorelei
Bryce, look on the GIA reports on the diamond diagram, you should see the crown and pavillion angles there.
Hi Lady Lorelei
1.gif
It sounds as though the second diamond may be an older GIA report, thus no proportions information (?) If so, Bryce you might try GIA report check - linked below. Enter the grading report number and the carat weight the proportions information may be available, depending on how recently it was graded:

http://www.gia.edu/reportcheck/

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sir John!
35.gif

Good point, could indeed be an older GIA report!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results