shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond is better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
Hello All,
I found this message board a few weeks ago and have learned a lot. I was just looking to see what everyone thought of the following diamonds. I found one on whiteflash and one at a nearby store. If you need any additional information please let me know. Pretty much all I have is the basic information, that I see most people posting.

They are both eyeclean, and very close in price. I have only seen the second one personally and thought it looked very nice.

Any Thoughts

the first one is from whiteflash this is the second one
1.12 G si1 GIA Cert 1.06 G si1 AGS Cert
Depth 60.9 Depth 61.3
Table 59 Table 55.5
Crown 34.5 Crown 34.6
Pavillion 40.8 Pavillion 40.6

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 8:32:49 AM
Author:Metallica

Hello All,
I found this message board a few weeks ago and have learned a lot. I was just looking to see what everyone thought of the following diamonds. I found one on whiteflash and one at a nearby store. If you need any additional information please let me know. Pretty much all I have is the basic information, that I see most people posting.

They are both eyeclean, and very close in price. I have only seen the second one personally and thought it looked very nice.

Any Thoughts

the first one is from whiteflash this is the second one
1.12 G si1 1.06 G si1
Depth 60.9 Depth 61.3
Table 59 Table 55.5
Crown 34.5 Crown 34.6
Pavillion 40.8 Pavillion 40.6

Welcome!

Do you have an idealscope image please for the WF diamond and a picture? Going by the info we have I actually prefer the second diamond as the table is a bit smaller but it would depend on price, setting and services offered etc as to which way I would go. If you like a slightly larger table thats fine of course, but I was wondering if WF might have a similarly proportioned diamond with a smaller table as a comparison for you.

Rough_Rock
No I dont sorry, I think they said I can get that but I have to have them get the diamond, and if I dont want to use it it will cost $50. So I dont really want to do that just in case I choose to use the other diamond.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 8:36:07 AM
Author: Metallica
No I dont sorry, I think they said I can get that but I have to have them get the diamond, and if I dont want to use it it will cost $50. So I dont really want to do that just in case I choose to use the other diamond.
I see, this isn't an inventory diamond from WF but from the main listing, so this diamond may be up for sale with multiple vendors? Have you asked WF what they have in the way of in house diamonds which might suit you?

Rough_Rock
I havent really spoken with them, just got some information off the website. I found this one on the website last week. I thought it looked nice based on what I have read on this site, but I dont really know what to look for. Who knows if it is even still available.

Do you think the other diamond might be better? Becuase I am trying to make up my mind soon because it could take up to five weeks for my setting to get made in platinum, at the store.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 8:46:29 AM
I havent really spoken with them, just got some information off the website. I found this one on the website last week. I thought it looked nice based on what I have read on this site, but I dont really know what to look for. Who knows if it is even still available.

Do you think the other diamond might be better? Becuase I am trying to make up my mind soon because it could take up to five weeks for my setting to get made in platinum, at the store.
The other diamond certainly looks good and has the AGS report which some buyers rate extremely highly, so if you have seen it and love it then it is definitely worth consideration but it depends on the price, how does the price of this diamond compare to similar online diamonds? Also does this diamond have any fluorescence?

Rough_Rock
Its very good, maybe a couple hundred more, nothing over the top. I have heard that you can get better pricing online, thats what made me consider it. But for less than a 200 dollar difference, I dont think it will matter.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 8:53:16 AM
Its very good, maybe a couple hundred more, nothing over the top. I have heard that you can get better pricing online, thats what made me consider it. But for less than a 200 dollar difference, I dont think it will matter.
If you have checked out the pricing and it seems fair, then thats good! I just wanted to check for the sake of completeness are the polish and symmetry ideal for this diamond, and what is the diameter measurement and girdle thickness please? What services do this jeweller offer, do they have an upgrade policy - I just mention this in case it might be a future consideration.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the symm, polish grade and girdle thickness of the AGS stones? Is the AGS report a Diamond Quality Document?

Rough_Rock
I am not to sure about the other specs of these stones, I am pretty sure they where both excellents and very goods.

also do think they have any kind of upgrade policy, I know he said if in a couple years I want a bigger or different diamond, he will buy this one back and I can choose another one. I hoping I dont have to do this, but I guess its good to know.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 9:03:35 AM
I am not to sure about the other specs of these stones, I am pretty sure they where both excellents and very goods.

also do think they have any kind of upgrade policy, I know he said if in a couple years I want a bigger or different diamond, he will buy this one back and I can choose another one. I hoping I dont have to do this, but I guess its good to know.
Ok thanks. As I asked above can you get a bit more info for me also please such as the diameter measurement and girdle percentage, and check with the polish and symmetry and AGS cut grade? Also check carefully concerning any upgrade policy as sometimes you have to spend 50% more on another diamond, so check the terms and conditions carefully should you ever decide that an upgrade might be a future option.

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice Lorelei,

I am going to have to stop back into the store to get any additional info, and I will ask about the trade in policy. I may actually put some money down though today to hold it, because I do think that this could be the winner.

Thank You again

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 9:51:32 AM
Thanks for the advice Lorelei,

I am going to have to stop back into the store to get any additional info, and I will ask about the trade in policy. I may actually put some money down though today to hold it, because I do think that this could be the winner.

Thank You again
You are very welcome, get the extra info and then we can go from there and make sure any deposit you put down on this diamond is refundable should you change your mind so that we can help you with a thorough evaluation of the diamond. One more thing, can you check if this diamond has a Diamond Quality Document or Diamond Quality Report? These are the two main AGS reports so it would be useful to know which one this diamond has.

Rough_Rock
That I will do,
Thanks Again

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 10:00:08 AM
That I will do,
Thanks Again
I am very glad to be of help to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results