Which cut for sidestones on a 1.11 oval

• Half Moon

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pear

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 1.11 oval cut solitaire I want to have reset. I would like to hear everyones views on what type of sidestone I should use. I am indecisive between these options.

Pear cut

Baguette

half moon

I vote for half moons..it''s my favorite sidestone for ovals..have you seen pictures of kaleigh''s?

I voted for pears - I think they accent the oval shape of the stone a bit more... the half moons are nice too, but they kind of blend in a bit which is also a nice look. I just think pears kinda look like accents, especially when they''re smaller... like ~o~ kinda LOL

Date: 3/5/2007 7:53:27 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I vote for half moons..it''s my favorite sidestone for ovals..have you seen pictures of kaleigh''s?
Ditto.

I just went through this with a friend. he went with half moons. It''s OK. I like pears more now that I think about it...

Good luck and if you don''t get sides, consider a pretty solitaire ave setting...
30.gif

I voted for half moons but really think they are all nice. If you do not want side stones, what about a halo?

Um. Can I vote for setting it east west???

If not... it depends on the shape of your oval... if its fat pears. If its skinny half moons.

I vote for setting the oval E/W and haning pear side stones.

Half moons are my favorite. Check out the gorgous examples here under engagement rings, 3 stone:

http://www.jbstar.com/

Pears.
30.gif

After looking at Kaleigh''s masterpiece I''m diggin the half moon sidestones. Any would be beautiful though. Baguettes would give you a classic harry winston sort of look.

I agree with Kcoursolle...baguettes would make it look like a HW classic.

I voted for pears. They''re becoming my new favorite shape for side stones. I don''t think you could go wrong though, whatever you decide.

I''d vote for traps....but those aren''t one of your choices.

Ooh! Trillions.

thunk1.jpg

This is thunk''s ring. Love it!!!
18.gif
Thunk, hope you don''t mind me posting, I am a big fan.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP