Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Cream cowhide

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Shaggy rug

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I voted for #1 before reading any posts and without looking at the poll results. :D

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like how #1 looks the most but I would keep looking. It looks too small for the room, like it is an accent rug, while I like rugs that are large enough at least the front legs of the furniture rest upon, feels more comfortable and the rug is less likely to slide around.

I've had good sucess with rugs from overstock.com, and you can search by color as well.

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
I love the black one. It makes the otherwise modern room a little more warm and friendly. I also love the idea of a black framed and/or black and white photo above the couch.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like any of those, to be honest. I liked the two posted from Ikea more, but I might opt for color in the rug and then tie that in with pillows and artwork.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the black one! Much more masculine. I particularly like the suggestion of adding black wood-framed artwork on the wall behind the couch.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the union jack one but due to my poor math skills can't figure out how big it is. Oh for some spare cash to turn up in my sofa cushions! And for my pets to magically become rug-friendly instead of the serial-rug-destroyers I know them to be.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone!

Based on all of your advice (And the terribly funny comments), he decided to go with the black cow. He's been spending a lot of time sitting in the living room looking at it. Also, I used the term bachelor, but it's my sister's boyfriend. She spends the weekends at his house, and was terribly desperate to have a splash of cow. It's completely her style! I didn't want to state her preference (to not influence the comments). You all rock.

Deejay: I too love the cowhide look. It's not for everyone, but I adore it. I had a picture of a zebra print cowhide saved on my picture, which was exactly my taste. I have 3 cats though, so not sure how that would look. Congrats on the move!

Deco: I don't own a single rug in my house. I think with the 3-cats, they would resemble cat-hide rugs within 10 minutes. I think pets may be an absolute contraindication to rugs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, I have the shag rug you posted-- or one like it. Silver and Black in color, just like that one. And FIVE cats. I bought it from Overstock and it is amazing quality. Not a cat hair visible in sight, totally blends (and I have a black and white, a white, a gray and beige, and a dilute orange so there is a lot of colors there). We only vacuum about once every ten days too. And the rug was only 350 in the 8 x 10 size, is TOTALLY plush and looks much nicer in real life than in the pics. I ADORE our shag rug. If you want a rug... Highly recommend. http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Alexa-My-Soft-and-Plush-Shag-Rug-8-x-10/4265216/product.html Seriously great quality rug and is PERFECT with cats (I've had a lot of rugs with my cats, and this one is hands down the best).

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

Hmm....but does the fur come off easily when you vacuum? I'm willing to pass the vacuum normally (like on a couch) but I don't want to have to scrub and go through it with a special brush, or lint roller. I had a carpet before and it was DISGUSTING. I have three cats (orange, grey, and calico). It doesn't show at all? Maybe it's the brand of carpet you have? Is the link you posted EXACTLY the one? I would really love a pale grey one.

Thanks!

ETA: Stacylikessparkles: the couch and chairs were from a Canadian company. Terrific quality (my brother owns an entire apartment for the stuff) and dirt cheap! The couch was 999$ and each of the chairs 299$. Fabulous quality, very durable, and quite stylish.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
allycat0303|1338860610|3209323 said:
Gypsy,

Hmm....but does the fur come off easily when you vacuum? I'm willing to pass the vacuum normally (like on a couch) but I don't want to have to scrub and go through it with a special brush, or lint roller. I had a carpet before and it was DISGUSTING. I have three cats (orange, grey, and calico). It doesn't show at all? Maybe it's the brand of carpet you have? Is the link you posted EXACTLY the one? I would really love a pale grey one.

Thanks!

ETA: Stacylikessparkles: the couch and chairs were from a Canadian company. Terrific quality (my brother owns an entire apartment for the stuff) and dirt cheap! The couch was 999$ and each of the chairs 299$. Fabulous quality, very durable, and quite stylish.

The link is to the EXACT one I have. And it's a combination of the fibers which are kinda silky so nothing really sticks to them plus they don't knot or tangle and for me, the bi-color of the one I chose because it's already variegated and there is no pattern so anything you put on it just blends. My biggest problem is actually that anything I put down (remote control, flip flips, camera, laptop) blends so well that I stub my foot cause unless I REALLY REALLY look for items on there, the shag fools the eye.

And yeah, NO special treatment. Just a vacuum every ten days or so. Read the reviews. There are QUITE a few of them and Overstock customers are usually very honest. If the color you want is the silver one, then it's probably just like mine, only without the black, and if so... then it's quite a lovely color. It doesn't shed (which helps a lot) and it's plush, but not too plush, if you know what I mean. And it's silky enough to repel cat hair well, but has enough texture you don't slip or anything when you walk.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
allycat0303|1338860610|3209323 said:
Gypsy,

Thanks!

I want that couch lol...is there any way to post a link?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I vote black, the other 2 just seem to blend in too much with the rest of the room. I like the ones posted from Ikea with the triangles and the grey one with the white flower pattern as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results