shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Class Ring should I get: Traditional or Signet?

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Which Class Ring should I get: Traditional or Signet?

Price is similar.

I like the sleek look of the signet rings. But, all you can personalize is the year and degree on signet rings.

But, I like the fun personalization of the traditional rings. You get to select center fake stone, left side activities and name, right side activities and wording. The different styles are at: http://www.herffjones.com/college/classrings . I might get it from a cheaper company, but the main styles are similar with most college ring companies that I've seen.

I can't decide. Which do you prefer and why?

Do you have an old class ring? Do you still wear it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a female, I think the signet rings are far more wearable for a longer period of time. I know longer wear my college ring, but it had the school seal engraved in black onyx and the year and degree were about all that was added other than initials inside. I think the bulky traditional rings just wouldn't be worn by a lot of women after college, but maybe moreso for men.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I always wear my University ring to work. It is a signet style. I only wish I had gotten a larger oval size.

IMHO, signet styles are more elegant; but buy what you like!

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a traditional ring I don't wear because at the time white gold was cheaper than yellow so I bought white. Turns out I am allergic to white and it looks terrible on my skin tone. One can rhodium plate yellow to make it white but not the other way around. It's beautiful but unwearable.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Hmm... I think the signet would be more sleek and wearable for loner. I'm thinking get a signet with a flat "pearl" in it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results