Which chunky cushion would you pick?

• Left

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Right

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Which of these two chunky cushions would you pick for an engagement ring? Just to give a little feedback, they are both the same carat weight, color, and clarity.

On Left Pros:
Larger surface area
Strong blue fluor
Bigger chunky flashes
Cheaper

On Right Pros:
Better light performance
Flashes are more dispersed over whole stone
Overall brighter

Thanks for your opinion!!

Zoom of daimonds picture 008.JPG

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look of the one on the left better, however, it is so difficult to judge two stones from one photograph

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have an ASET image for either of these?

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here is the link to the stone on the right - found for me by Jonathan at GOG. The stone one the left does not have any analysis data as it was found by a different vender.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7178

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 2:34:23 PM
Author: kristalulu
Here is the link to the stone on the right - found for me by Jonathan at GOG. The stone one the left does not have any analysis data as it was found by a different vender.

Who took this photograph and have you seen them in person?

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I took the photograph - so yes, I have seen them both in person. As some of you may know, I have been searching high and low for months now. I thought it was a miracle when the one on the left came out fresh from the GIA - I thought it was meant for me! No joke, the next day, Jonathan sent me pictures of the one of the right. I have seen that one online before, but never followed up with it because I think the size is too small for the carat weight, and I tend to not like large culets. After Jonathan showed me a video, and confirmed it was a good stone, I decided to have it shipped so I could compare the two side-by-side. I like them both for different reasons, and so I''m confused. I hate to be a ''size-snob'', but I really am drawn to the size of the one on the left. I know, its a tough life
1.gif
Both are really pretty so I don''t know what to do. Size, bigger chunks and fluor; or brighter, confirmed by Jonathan??

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Also, since the one on the right has been on the market for awhile, I question why it wasn''t snatched up.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, you sound like you are in love with the stone on the left. I think you have answered your own question :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are in the totally enviable position of being able to see the diamonds in person and compare. Pick the one YOU like the best in this case.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Tough choice for sure. The one on the left looks a bit like the diamond I''m getting which is an 1.01 E VS2 -My cushion is on the right.

So you can see that I''m very partial to that kind of look. How do you feel about the florescence? Can you see any effect with it?

My Cushion on the right.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Just my opinion, I love the outline /shape of the choice on the left.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, from the first pic, I woas going to say the stone on the left, but after looking at the second pic, I def like the one on the right better!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eyes voted for the one on the right. Just prettier to me.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 7:54:03 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
Hmm, from the first pic, I woas going to say the stone on the left, but after looking at the second pic, I def like the one on the right better!!!
The cushions in the first pic are kristalulu's and the second set are missydebby's choices from Leon Mege.

kristalulu - Ditto dreamer_d. Go with the stone you love. You have the luxury of having both stones in front of you, which is something few of us get to experience. For what it's worth, I voted for the stone on the left based on looks alone in that particular photo. It reminds me of SilverLily's cushion, which is beautiful.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Any way you can post a few more photos.

I was thinking I liked the left one better but I went to see the GOG page and their photo was nicer.

Also, I find the one on the right is actually more similar to missdebby''s right choice - which leads me to wonder if it is nicer in real life.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Well of course the vendors photos are going to be fancy!

Looking at the picture of the actual diamonds side by side, I would pick the one on the left hands down. But pick the one you love kristalulu.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
The size queen in me says the one on the left. Also I like the chunkier look. :) Good luck!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
sorry if I made things confusing.
23.gif
didn''t mean to do that

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi everybody! Thanks for your responses!!

Missydebby-actually the fluor turns the stone lilac/bluish in bright light. I will try to get a picture of it. Hopefully the sun will be out today! I don''t mind it at all, I think its pretty cool.

The one on the left is definitely more unique - it has so many personalities. It turns whatever color I''m wearing (but it kinda sucks too because I wear a lot of black...). In direct sunlight, it turns bluish, and doesn''t light up like the one on the right. But in dim lighting, the one of the left is better. What should be more important, inside or outside light?

Here is a link to one of GOG''s cushion that it is very similar to. The center is dominant...
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5642/

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds soooo pretty. It''d be neat if you can capture that in a photo.

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I know that this is a blurry photo, but you can see the color!

zoom lilac.JPG

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Cool picture. Are you getting closer to deciding? They both are beautiful.

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yes, I am closer to deciding, however I want to sleep on it for one more night. Of course my boyfriend thinks they are both beautiful too and so he is no help
1.gif
He says he just wants me to be happy. I will let you know my decision tomorrow...

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting!!!!

diamond911

Rough_Rock
For what it is worth, I like the one on the left. It is beautiful!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the first picture I would choose the one on the left... in the 2nd picture (not from the op) I prefer the right one... but I have got to say that stone in the first pic on the left looks SO much like my stone!!!! I have a picture of it from my first day with it that looks almost identical!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
kristalulu - Do you have a macro option on your camera? It is very hard to judge based on the photos you shared. However, you do have both diamonds in your posession. Take it to different lighting locations and see what you like more. That is the best judge. They both look beautiful and very similar. Which shape do you like best?

Missdebby - Looks like you also got validation on the stone you chose :)

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Well, thanks for everyone''s input!!! I''ve slept on it, and the winner is:

The one on the LEFT!!!!

I will send out more pictures with a new thread.

Missydebby - thank you for your opinion. And by the way, I checked out your thread and your Leon/cushion creation is going to be BEAUTIFUL!! I can''t wait to see pictures!

Cehrabehra - your diamond is one of my favorites! Yours, Silverlily''s, Blinginator''s, Scarlet16''s, Boston_Jeff''s, CrookedRock''s (and I know there are more out there that I envy) were my inspiration.

CharmyPoo, Dreamer_d, Pixley, Sparles&Glitter, and everyone else - I followed your advice, I picked the one I loved. And I''ve come to realize, as the saying goes, ''beauty is in the eye of the beholder''. And my eye is kinda cooky
3.gif

Thanks again!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh congrats!! :)

kristalulu

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Good morning, and again, thank you for everyone''s input!

Since I know finding a cushion is sooo difficult, I would like to let everyone know who is looking, that the stone I passed on is beautiful! That''s why I had such a difficult choice to make! I just sent it back to GOG yesterday so it should be arriving back there in about a week. Here is the link again if you want to check it out:

And a video: http://www.vimeo.com/10936309

I want it to find a good home, and I know it will make a cushion lover very HAPPY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results