shape
carat
color
clarity

Which carrier to you use to ship unset gems in the US?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I've only shipped stones internationally or the vendor has sent me a shipping label. I don't want to use slow registered mail, so which way do you generally ship?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Registered mail is the safest. If you are not risk averse, I've done USPS Priority mail but the insurance can rack up.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks, Chrono. does everyone stay away from Fed Ex and UPS?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to have your own insurance to ship via Fedex and UPS will only ship/insure jewellery, not loose stones.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks!

S

SparkliesLuver

Yep, I always do 2-day priority USPS. On one occasion I sprung for USPS overnight.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have shipped thousands of stones in US with USPS insured and have never had one get lost. If the insurance is above $1000, then it becomes more economical to ship registered mail insured.

Jajabis

Rough_Rock
Just don't fret over the lack of updates you get with USPS.
From my experience, they are never accurate to where the stone actually is normally.
When i shipped mine insured registered mail from MN to WA, it took about 3-4 day's. Also, you can't insure a loose stones more than what the receipt say's or if you get it appraised you can go by that value. I recommend having proof of the the stones worth before shipping.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone, package has been sent. =)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooooo.....what did you send, who did you send it to and how was it shipped? :Up_to_something:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1447878704|3951418 said:
Soooooo.....what did you send, who did you send it to and how was it shipped? :Up_to_something:

I am having DK set my peach sapphire in a fairly simple halo design. ;))

Had to give up on the spinel/paraiba design for now- I just couldn't get it to look the way I wanted it so I decided to set something easier first. And I used USPS per everyone's recommendations.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't resist being nosy. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results