shape
carat
color
clarity

which blue sapphire is a better choice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone! I have never purchased blue sapphire before, which one do you think well worth its price more?

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Blue/B3051/Cushion/stoneid=B3051

or

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Blue/Cushion/stoneid=B2853

or

thanks
26.gif
http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Blue/Cushion/stoneid=B3156

any advise?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first one better. I like the color better, and it looks more symmetrical. The other one seems to have a little bit of a rhombus thing going on, and the first one faces up bigger. However, I'm far from an expert on sapphires, so hopefully someone else will weigh in.

But my vote is #1 all the way!

ETA: about the symmetrical comment, I was talking about the outline of the stones, not the faceting itself. I am not good at looking at facet patterns and whatnot...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''m not that much into prices, but I can tell you which one I would choose - I''d probably go with #3. It''s got the most balanced appearance. It''s not perfect (shape isn''t the best for example), but I think it''s "flaws" are the most acceptable IMO. The first one has an obvious color zoning, with areas of some great, and other areas of some poor color. The second one doesen''t look bad, but I have a feeling it''s not very preciselly cut and that it doesen''t have much scintillation i.e. life to it (but I could be wrong). Hope this helps.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

#1 and #2 both have grey modifiers and also their cut is "off" (less so for #1 though) - if you look at the culet in both you will see they are off centre and skew whiff (technical term lol)! If symmetry is something you need then these would annoy you over time I would think (they would to me - once I know it's there my eye is drawn to this all the time).

#3 has a much better cut with a really interesting facet pattern - it is off centre again but only marginally so and the pretty facets draw your eye away from it to a certain extent. The colour is slightly lighter but I think would look very pretty IRL.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
#3 is your best option, for sure. The color is lovely and the cut is very nice, as well.

I don''t love the cut nor the color on the first two.

Tell us what you are looking for specifically? Maybe we can help you find something.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Of all of them I like #3, it seems to have the best color and brilliance. I think my second favorite would be #1, although something about the color is bothering me. What is the sapphire for?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else notice inclusions at 6 o''clock on #1?

I vote for #3

swl

Shiny_Rock
oh thank you all very much for the advises! Recently I found myself extremely interested in gems like sapphire and rubies, and I thought everyone on Pricescope is so well educated in jewelry, so I kind of just want to get a feel of what''s a good blue sapphire (like color, cut, etc.). THanks!
19.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone 1:
Best blue colour is the only thing with a decent cut. The rest are downsides: obvious zoning and you can clearly see the inclusions at the "south" side of the stone.

Stone 2:
Pretty bad cut, giving it the appearance of a lot of extinction. Colour isn''t that good either.

Stone 3:
Nice cut and decent colour. Not the best colour because it''s a little light.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you add the third one later?

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
the third.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results