shape
carat
color
clarity

Which black pearl do you like better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok so I recently bought a south sea black pearl that is 9mm. While I do like it very much I found another one from the same vendor that I love more. I just love how the necklace threads through the pearl on the 2nd option. Here is the kicker though. The vendor does no refunds no exchanges. I already asked. So if I do decide that I want the 2nd options then i would have to sell the first one- at a loss i''m sure to afford the 2nd one. what are your thoughts on the necklaces?

Option #1 which I allready own:

sarahPearl1614_0.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
And of course I go on the vendor site and they don''t have the picture of the necklace that I want. I will see if I can find something like it on the web. It is a black pearl with the necklace/ chain threaded through the pearl. I just love the simpliest of it.

Similar to this- Option 2:

BPChoker_1_mSarah.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I love option 2. But I''m biased as my tahitian pendant is very similiar to the pic.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
sorry to say, but I am a fan of the second one as well. I just think the color of the pearl and the way it is threaded is much more modern and I really like that take on pearls.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Sarah, I don''t know what necklace #2 runs but I have a suggestion for one just like it on Etsy. I would suggest an artist site named:

Maunakeamoonlight or Mauna Kea Moonlight (I don''t remember how Etsy search has it)

Sheryl does beautiful work and she has a "build your own" necklace just like you are looking for. Her prices for a round Tahitian start at $75.00. She buys her amazing Tahitians directly from Josh at Kamoka Farms.

She is definitely worth looking at!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, I have to say that I like the first pendant which you already have! Problem solved?
31.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
grrr this is so frustrating.... I really like the second option better- not that you can really see it. I was thinking about taking the pearl and having my jeweler drill the hole all the way through and lace in a necklace, but that might cost more then buying the second one.

I will check out Esty! thanks for the tip!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love #2 slider pearl - love it!
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I can see why you like the second one better. How frustrating that you can''t just exchange it! I''d probably sell the first one and find one like the second at a place that will refund or exchange!

I honestly love the first one more... it''s a classic!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
I love both styles, the first one is very classic, and the second one is more modern and hip. Isn''t there any way to get both styles? That''s what I would do... Maybe that''s why I''m always broke.
20.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 2:05:29 AM
Author: freefly
I love both styles, the first one is very classic, and the second one is more modern and hip. Isn''t there any way to get both styles? That''s what I would do... Maybe that''s why I''m always broke.
20.gif
Thanks Freefly...i''m sort of thinking that too. For right now I''m trying to sell the first option but if I dont'' sell it then I guess I will keep it.

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
I love the one you already have. Much more feminine, classy and timeless. I just don''t get the whole idea of the 2nd pendant/necklace/whatever. In a couple of years you''ll want to get rid of it.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results