shape
carat
color
clarity

which band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jacknfletch

Rough_Rock
Hi,

You all have been a big help and I am getting close to picking a diamond band to wear along side my 2 carat shared prong eternity band.
I want the new diamond band to be fairly substantial (not having a traditional e-ring).

What do you like better:

1) two rows of 5 stones, round cut shared prong - 3 carat total weight so about 10 mm thick. Set a bit squared off so that it looks a bit modern and almost masculine.

2) one row of 5 stone, radiant cuts - 3 carat total weight. Maybe semi bezel? Like the sasha primak styles. This will be way more expensive though.

I will try to post pics but here are links

http://www.sashaprimak.com/

(go to wedding bands)

www.jareds.com

(wouldn''t buy from here - don''t worry!:) ) 10 stone double row ring.

DetroitNurse

Rough_Rock
Both could be quite stunning on her finger. To me comfort is important. I have an eternity band I inherited with stones (rubies and diamonds) that go all the way around...quite uncomfortable in thickness to wear, so I don''t wear it...a shame. Another comfort thing for me is the thickness of the overall band. I find the thicker the footprint, the more water is trapped each time you wash your hands. You either get a water rash or end up taking it off each time to dry your finger or before you wash, and either scenario virtually guarantees leaving it somewhere at some point. I would go with what looks good on her and what is most comfortable (thinner) to wear. Hope that helps. I noticed no one had responded to your post, so I took the time to. I posted a couple days ago, and no one posted a response to mine. It''s frustrating...you just want an opinion. Good luck!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jacknfletch, I guess you can''t make up your mind either LOL
35.gif

I like option number 1 and I would go with something like this Memoire design http://www.memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?products=1879. Or just get 2 separate bands and wear them together.

I can''t make up my mind on whether to get 5 stone ring in rb or asscher. I go back and forth and actually like both together
27.gif
. These are pics I took in the store (terrible quality) that sort of give an idea of how 2 rows of stones would look together. Rb is 1.25ctw, asscher is 2ctw.

P1010201.JPG

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
separately

P1010200 (Medium).JPG

jacknfletch

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for responding - I need to figure out how to post pics so it is easier for folks to look and give opinions.
Babymonster! You and I keep being after similar rings!

The stacked picture you show (but with both RB) is exactly what I was thinking! I have not really found it already together as a two row ring - except for one at Jared''s which is not
just right and also the Hearts on Fire devotion ring - have you seen it?

Again, don''t know how to post pics - will try to learn this weekend.

Keep me posted on what you do...

Lisa

jacknfletch

Rough_Rock
Forgot - I have tried on the memoire ring you linked - except for it was all the way around. The eternity style didn''t look good on at all - Very sausage-y. But the half round could look great. Before I have it made (whitflash probably) I want to fine ONE that I do really like. So I am going to go hunt down that Memoire and a Sasha Primak.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 2 band look - so blingy
30.gif
. Try to post some pics if you do find that Memoire band in the store. I'd love to see how it looks on the hand.

I can see how the full eternity can look a little off on the finger and I personally find them uncomfortable to wear. I like HOF design from the top but not the side because the metal doesn't flow gracefully into the stones. Jared's ring just looks very rough to me. I'm curious to see how Memoire band looks from the side since their website only has a top view.

There is a great thread on posting pics in the FAQ section if you run into trouble with your pics
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results