shape
carat
color
clarity

Which band to keep?! Urgent help needed!

Which band to keep? Urgent help needed!

• Keep floral vine band

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Keep cable band

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Keep neither, keep looking!

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Help! Extremely urgent feedback needed. Which to keep? Thanks!!!! I need to send back the vine band TODAY if I'm not keeping it. And my cable band was delayed thanks to Fed Ex. Grrrr!!!! So I'm in a huge rush! Thanks!!!!!

img_2992.png

img_3013.png

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the cable band so much with your ER! I think they look amazing together! The vine band is beautiful but I think that it would look pretty as a stand alone piece or maybe combined with a different kind of ER. I vote for the cable band :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you hate me if I tell you I don't think either one is "the one"? I think the vine ring is just too stylized to work with your e-ring which has a distinct, but different style. I also think the cable band looks more contemporary and with no diamonds, just doesn't look great, either. I think your e-ring setting is gorgeous, but I would honestly keep looking!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Natylad, for the amazing detailed answer. Much appreciated!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, DiamondSeeker! I really appreciate your feedback on this. It's a toughie for sure! :wall:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparklySoprano|1453399778|3979191 said:
Thank you, DiamondSeeker! I really appreciate your feedback on this. It's a toughie for sure! :wall:

It is tough, but when you find the perfect one, you will know it. Who is the maker of your e-ring? Do they make bands?

What do you have on with it in your avatar picture?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I like the thinner width of the cable band, but your ER has so many diamonds that it would be nice to have diamonds in the wedding band. It's a bit odd to have just metal, do you know what I mean? I like that the floral band has diamonds so it complements the look of your ER more, but I think the band is a bit thick compared to the ER. I would want the ER to take center stage. But this is just my preference. Yours might be different! :))

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
In my avatar, it shows it with my Simon G wedding band. The E-ring is a reset with an upgraded diamond and is made by James Allen. They do have a companion band, but it's almost $2K and I wanted somethings that wasn't as blingy that could be worn stand-alone if I wasn't in the mood or felt like it would be best to wear "just a band."

My original wedding band is sometimes too tight, as well, so I also wanted to find something a bit bigger for those hot, humid summer days or when my fingers are swollen. But in the winter, I usually can wear the Simon G band. Here is maybe a better pic of that look.

img_3014.png

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I like the milgrain look of the vine band with your engagement ring but not particularly the design of that band with your ring. The twist band is a nice size but too shiny and modern (as DS stated) compared to the engagement ring. (I love your engagement ring BTW - beautiful!) I love the Simon G band with it! These are just my opinions and you are the person who's wearing it - so if you really prefer one or the other - go with it!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Blingbunny and Downsy, are you both on the same track that a smaller mm version of the Beverley K would be the perfect option? (And thank you, Downsy, for the compliment on the e-ring. Very sweet of you!!)

For fun... here is the cable and simon g together.

img_3019.png

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your e-ring is beautiful!

The vine ring is lovely, but I find it distracts me from your e-ring.
Personally, I like a wedding band that complements the e-ring, rather than draws attention away from the e-ring.
The vine ring would be lovely as a stand-alone ring.

I agree with Diamondseeker that you'll know the right one when you see it.

When I'm hesitant about something, its usually best to keep looking.

You want to look at your rings and smile, not think 'Hmmmm, does this look OK?'.

Just my thoughts.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Farrahlyn, OMG, I absolutely love the last two that you posted. Thank you for showing me those. The second to last one reminds me of the cable band, it just has some bling added. However, I'm afraid my budget will be broken especially as I'm looking for platinum. And I also am liking the idea of having a non-diamond band to wear by itself. This thread is really helping me make a decision though, even if it's not one in the majority. I'm leaning towards keeping the cable band. But, please keep voting. I'll most likely be sending the vine ring back this afternoon, and then still be needing to decide about keeping the cable band.

farrahlyn|1453403461|3979239 said:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, December Fire! I do agree with you on the concept of complementing the e-ring so it can shine. :wavey:

december-fire|1453402814|3979233 said:
Your e-ring is beautiful!

The vine ring is lovely, but I find it distracts me from your e-ring.
Personally, I like a wedding band that complements the e-ring, rather than draws attention away from the e-ring.
The vine ring would be lovely as a stand-alone ring.

I agree with Diamondseeker that you'll know the right one when you see it.

When I'm hesitant about something, its usually best to keep looking.

You want to look at your rings and smile, not think 'Hmmmm, does this look OK?'.

Just my thoughts.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ugh, that dreaded word, BUDGET! :angryfire: i do love the look of the cable band stacked with your Simon G band, wowsa!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I say neither? I like that the cable echoes your shank on your ering but I don't like that it isn't exactly the same twisting pattern. If the twists lined up and it basically matched without the diamonds, I'd love that. But I don't like the vine with it at all.

But this isn't my set. Which do you like?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Farrahlyn! Budget, smudget!! :naughty:

Ame, I see what you are saying. I wonder if JA would be willing to make one withOUT the diamonds? But, still my guess is that it would be out of budget. I could always ask, right?! I think that a brushed platinum (where the diamonds sit) with the twists being regular-shine platinum would be amazing!!! Would this even be possible??? :think:

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SparklySoprano said:

Ame, I see what you are saying. I wonder if JA would be willing to make one withOUT the diamonds? But, still my guess is that it would be out of budget. I could always ask, right?! I think that a brushed platinum (where the diamonds sit) with the twists being regular-shine platinum would be amazing!!! Would this even be possible??? :think:

i LOVE this idea! I think it's absolutely worth asking. Maybe if its out of budget, you could save a little bit longer and make it work :naughty:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
farrahlyn said:
SparklySoprano said:

i LOVE this idea! I think it's absolutely worth asking. Maybe if its out of budget, you could save a little bit longer and make it work :naughty:

So, James Allen said they couldn't make this custom. I wonder if it's worth asking David Klass or another customer designer?

I've sent an email inquiry to David Klass... let's see....

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I like the milgrain on the vine band but not the vine design with your ering! So I guess I'm not a fan of the vine, just the millgran detail next to your ering. I really like the look of the cable stacked between the ering and the Simon G! I think that looks sharp. I just don't like the cable ring alone with the ering.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who made the original setting?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1453415701|3979355 said:
Who made the original setting?

James Allen made the e-ring. But, now thinking about it, I've also seen it on Brilliant Earth's website as of late. It looks to be the same ring. I could also ask them about the custom non-diamond band option.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Really love the cable band with your ering and the Simon G band. I would rock that look :naughty: .It looks really sharp and interesting. On its own with the ering it looks unfinished somehow..... I am not crazy about the vine band, its just too different and I think is more a stand alone band.

victorian10

Rough_Rock
Your e-ring is beautiful! I'd stick with the original band in as pictured in your avatar until you see one that you absolutely want. I don't think either of those bands compliment it very well.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Diamondbug and Victorian10!

I find it interesting to see how many people prefer the band to have some bling in it. :wink2:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1453399633|3979187 said:
Will you hate me if I tell you I don't think either one is "the one"? I think the vine ring is just too stylized to work with your e-ring which has a distinct, but different style. I also think the cable band looks more contemporary and with no diamonds, just doesn't look great, either. I think your e-ring setting is gorgeous, but I would honestly keep looking!

*Ducks* I have to agree with this. The Beverly K is great as a standalone. And the other just don't work for me. Maybe just a straight pave band?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Gypsy!

I think my SO will love the consensus of it looking best with the pave band, which is what I already have. LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results