shape
carat
color
clarity

Which 7-stone wedding band should I pick?

MrsNTB

Rough_Rock
Hi! I’m looking for some advice on which 7-stone wedding band I should pick to go with my 1.63 solataire. I can’t pick between the two as they both seem to go very well with the engagement ring. My ring size is 4.5.

Option 1 is 0.75 ctw so ~10 pointers each, more blingy. I like the wow factor here and think the wedding band and the engagement ring are equally blingy, but some days I’m not sure if the wedding band overpowers the engagement ring. It is nicer when worn alone but not sure how often l will do that.

Option 2 is 0.5 ctw so ~7 pointers each. It kind of takes a back seat but it complements the engagement ring very very well, and seems to be making the engagement ring more the focus.

Option 1 - 10 pointers:

1BB524BC-0A17-4DA7-A5F9-F5DCC7B75486.jpeg ADF2F43A-965B-47EA-BF01-795535CE9F3A.jpeg FE639B12-A022-4830-9A4A-47D1992BD549.jpeg

Option 2 - 7 pointers:

727B93AA-BA70-4CC1-A6BD-0F90A1A78C2A.jpeg 5640971C-8204-4680-9D61-21A8DF6C5D3F.jpeg F771E319-4801-406C-B279-0E93422550D0.jpeg

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the 7 pointer band as it's a nice size but still lets your solitaire take center stage.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 pointers definitely!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the 7 pointers, still gorgeous worn alone, but compliments your amazing solitaire beautifully.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I rather like the smaller band, reason being is your ER band is very slender and I always think visually they should be as close I'm width as possible. But I have never owned a solitaire and they do seem a tad more versatile

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 7 pointers the best - however I think they both look great just different. Of course I have 2 different sized channel set bands because I couldn't make up my mind. I wear them both.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
They both looks great! I would recommend the 7 pointers as it let's the engagement ring be the focus, yet is blingy enough to wear on its own!

MrsNTB

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the responses! I was hoping more people would vote for the 10 pointers. My fiancé likes the bigger diamonds better and is kind of set on getting that one for me lol. =)2:P2

Does the 10 pointers overpower though?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping more people would vote for the 10 pointers.

There’s your answer! ;-)

I do prefer the 7-pointer, but without seeing the comparison pics I think the 10-pointers look great too.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely get the 10 pointers if that's what you and your fiance like! I like the chunky diamond wedding band look and it will look great when worn by itself!

MrsNTB

Rough_Rock
We are so indecisive lol!!! I like the 7-pointers because I think it matches better. But he said I will regret it if I don’t get the bigger one lol!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hows about the 7 pointer for your wedding band, and then a 10 pointer eternity ring for your wedding anniversary? :bigsmile::devil:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the responses! I was hoping more people would vote for the 10 pointers. My fiancé likes the bigger diamonds better and is kind of set on getting that one for me lol. =)2:P2

Nope. It doesn't come close to overpowering it.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your heart is telling you to get the 10 pointer band,so go for it! I do like the proportions of the 7s, but the 10s do looks amazing. And your soli is huge, so no issues there! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi @MrsNTB -

I have a 3 stone ring with a 3.05ct center. I posted photos a while back of it with a band of 10 pointers and a band of 3 pointers. Almost everyone said they preferred the 3 pointer band.

Were I you, I'd definitely go with the 7 pointers. I think the balance between the 2 rings is far better and is a more elegant look. Then I'd do a 5 stone band of .25ct diamonds to wear as a right hand ring. Would give you some great options and is a nice piece to save up for.

Do you see yourself upgrading your 1.63ct diamond at any point in the future? That's probably the only option that might make me consider the 10 pointers.

Either way - good luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To go with your ering I pick the 7 pointer however, I think the 10 pointer looks good too. Its blingier but does tend to grab a bit of attention from your
ering. Sort of a trade off IMO. Both work and look good...which one are you attracted to?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for the 10pt, you already seem hesitant toward the 7pt and no matter what any of us think, you will be the one wearing your band. I don’t think that you will regret going larger, but you might do so if you select the 7pt band.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ever plan to wear the band alone? If so the 10 pointers.

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
Your fiancé sounds like my husband, get the larger diamonds! That ring is beautiful with your solitaire and by itself.

MrsNTB

Rough_Rock
Hows about the 7 pointer for your wedding band, and then a 10 pointer eternity ring for your wedding anniversary? :bigsmile::devil:

Yea I think that's probably what I'd suggest us doing...:rodent:

MrsNTB

Rough_Rock
Hi @MrsNTB -

I have a 3 stone ring with a 3.05ct center. I posted photos a while back of it with a band of 10 pointers and a band of 3 pointers. Almost everyone said they preferred the 3 pointer band.

Were I you, I'd definitely go with the 7 pointers. I think the balance between the 2 rings is far better and is a more elegant look. Then I'd do a 5 stone band of .25ct diamonds to wear as a right hand ring. Would give you some great options and is a nice piece to save up for.

Do you see yourself upgrading your 1.63ct diamond at any point in the future? That's probably the only option that might make me consider the 10 pointers.

Either way - good luck!

Thanks! I agree with you that the balance is better with the 7 pointers. I don't see us upgrading the 1.63 ct diamond, at least not any time soon, if at all. I love the diamond and right now, I don't like the idea of changing what my fiance picked for me. SO, I'm very likely going to pick the 7 pointers. Thank you for your advice!!

MrsNTB

Rough_Rock
To go with your ering I pick the 7 pointer however, I think the 10 pointer looks good too. Its blingier but does tend to grab a bit of attention from your
ering. Sort of a trade off IMO. Both work and look good...which one are you attracted to?

I honestly don't know which one I'm attracted to more. I love the balance from the 7 pointers, but I love the sparkle from the 10 pointers. :roll2:

MrsNTB

Rough_Rock
Go for the 10pt, you already seem hesitant toward the 7pt and no matter what any of us think, you will be the one wearing your band. I don’t think that you will regret going larger, but you might do so if you select the 7pt band.

Thank you for your support! There is no perfect solution! I feel like I might regret not picking the one that balances better. :twisted2:

MrsNTB

Rough_Rock
Your fiancé sounds like my husband, get the larger diamonds! That ring is beautiful with your solitaire and by itself.

How sweet though, right? :kiss2: And thank you!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 7 pointer, I think it makes your ering stand out more...but that's me! the 10 point ring looks good too...if that's what you and your fh like better then go with that one!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your support! There is no perfect solution! I feel like I might regret not picking the one that balances better. :twisted2:

Ekk I doubt it, diamonds shrink over time! :D If it’s of any help, a long time ago I had a 1.6ct solitaire and was debating the same question - 7pt or 10pt 7 stone band. At the end, I was going to chose the 10pt. Good luck with your decision, both bands are beautiful!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To my eyes, there isn't a huge visual difference between the two bands -- they both look great with your e-ring! So go with the one you and your man REALLY want! People rarely regret going bigger....though if you do, you can just wear it alone or stacked with a plain band on days when you want to keep things simple. Or, you can wear it on your right hand.

You have a lifetime ahead of you to collect bands of different widths, so get the one you're craving now, and then get a bigger or smaller diamond band for a future birthday or anniversary.

For reference: My finger is about the same size as yours and I have a 7-stone band with 10-pointers that I pair with all of my engagement-style rings, which range in size from a 1.37 ct center to 3.14 ct. I think it looks great with all of them. I personally feel that 10-pointers are one of the most versatile sizes for wedding bands!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results