shape
carat
color
clarity

Which 3-stone setting do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IaMMoYY

Rough_Rock

Hello,

For those of you who own a 3-stone ring, which setting do you have? It''ll be great if you could even upload some pictures. Please let me see your ring! Thank you.

Anne

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Tacori setting with a round center stone and pear sides. Check out my thread under Show Me The Ring!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

Patty

Ideal_Rock

I have the Vatche basket setting in white gold:

IaMMoYY

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/13/2004 10:58
6.gif
0 AM
Author: Patty

I have the Vatche basket setting in white gold:

Hello Patty, it''s an awesome setting! I like both the Vatche basket and truffle setting for 3 rings. I wonder if you have ever considered the Vatche truffle setting. If you did, what made you decide upon the basket setting?

Also, did you buy the original setting (which came with 2 side stones) or custom ordered one w/o side stones? I want to get either one of the two styles but w/o the side stones. In case you did this before, I''d appreciate you share with me the way you did it and the cost. Thank you.

Anne

Patty

Ideal_Rock

Anne, I carried around a photo of the Vatche basket setting and the Vatche truffle setting for a little while and I decided that the basket setting was just more "me." I think the truffle setting is beautiful, but it seems to be a younger, more trendy look than the traditional basket. I''m not a fashionable person; I wear fairly plain, classic clothes and I''m not one for anything that is too stylish, lol. My love of diamonds is really not consistent with the rest of my personality! So for me, the traditional basket setting felt right.

I went through Barry of SuperbCert. He sourced the side stones (sapphires) for me and he coordinated the construction of the ring through Vatche. My ring was made "custom" to accomodate my stone sizes. It''s white gold, not platinum, and the setting alone was $1465...a LOT of money, IMO, for a white gold basket setting. In hindsight, I think I would have considered the size of the sidestones in their settings on the Vatche website and then decided which size sapphires to choose. My sapphires are larger than the side stones shown in the other Vatche 3 stones. I do love the size of mine, and I may have gone with them anyway. I don''t know what the charge would have been for the "standard" Vatche 3-stone basket setting in white gold without the side diamonds included.

Patty

Ideal_Rock

bc%20br102dvs2%20side%20view%202.jpg

This is bigbadbuff''s 3 stone. I think the setting is by Scott Kay. It''s one of the most beautiful 3-stones I''ve ever seen! I absoltuely adore this side view.

IaMMoYY

Rough_Rock

Hi Patty,

Thank you soooo much for sharing your experience. I can''t help smiling when I know that you used to carry the pictires of the ring settings. I''m doing the same thing! (I don''t even carry the pictures of my husband.) Lol.

Anne

IaMMoYY

Rough_Rock

Wow... it''s a beautiful ring!!! A picture really worths a million words. Thanks for sharing.

Anne

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
Mine is an unbranded truffle setting in white gold w/ four prongs...it''s on my avatar and on p. 22 of the ''Show Me the Ring'' thread...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results