shape
carat
color
clarity

Whew.. I went Jubilee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

faxgrinder

Rough_Rock
After waiting and alot of Princess searching, I went Jubilee! Ill try to get a few more photos up .. Now its time for a setting...

BTW - Long time lurker.. Thanks everyone!

jub1.JPG

faxgrinder

Rough_Rock
Another pic and link -- http://www.goodoldgold.com/jubilee_1_02ct_g_vs1.htm

jub2.JPG

faxgrinder

Rough_Rock
Last one ....

jub3.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty. I love it.
So what are you leaning towards for a setting?

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
And now all the new Jubilee owners start coming out!!

First, what was the method you used to take those photos! Great

Second, was this one of the stones that GCAL used the average dimensions by accident? It looks like it from the cert on the link. Was GOG right on their analysis?

Congrats AND good luck finding a setting. Let us know!

faxgrinder

Rough_Rock
Thanks.. I am thinking about the Verragio ENG-0069P

e69px1.jpg

faxgrinder

Rough_Rock
1) Jonathan took the pics

2) Yes, this was one of the stones where the size was incorrect.. But the Sarin was correct..

I am anxiously waiting to get the stone, just sealed the deal today!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
That's a gorgeous wedding set. It appears like the diamond channel continue right under the center diamond?!

What's the width of that e-ring band, btw?

faxgrinder

Rough_Rock
Yeah, the channel continues underneath.. That is what sold me on it.. I do not know the width though.. hmmm, I'll check it out and post it up.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm in the process of getting a Jubilee myself.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG....my stomach gets a little sick when I see that....BECAUSE I WANT ONE...LOL....It seriously is amazing. Just amazing.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, you JUST got your Princess! Are you coveting new diamonds already?!
1.gif

Then again... maybe by next year, they'll be enough Jubilees in the pipe that I can get the little woman a nice 0.75cttw 5-stone shared prong wedding band? Hrmmm...

1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
OK, firstly, gorgeous stone. Secondly, I absolutely LOVE, LOOOOVE, LOOOOOOVE that Verragio setting. LOVE IT.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
If I weren't dead set on a tension ring (for a right hand ring), this is absolutely what I'd get. If I were getting engaged today, I think this might win. Makes me want to start all over, but for the bank's sake, living vicariously through you will have to do. Congrats on the wonderful purchase. And please PLEASE post pics when it's set, and then hand shots!!!
1.gif

PS... in case I wasn't clear before, I REALLY LOVE this setting and wedding set.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
The jubilee is an intriguiging stone--yours in a fine specimen! Really gorgeous...and I'm a die-hard princess fan.
1.gif
It's so sparkly--and square....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
3.gif

Congrats & post your setting when you decide.

cal650

Rough_Rock
It's always great to see more pictures of jubilees as I'm waiting for one myself.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oh that's old news VH-
9.gif
the princess is long gone...I couldn't deal with the inclusion...so there is another coming down the pipe- I think I'm going up to a Vs2...we shall see...I would love a jubilee...but they don't seem to have what I want...not yet anyway!
11.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 6/23/2004 4:15:58 PM moremoremore wrote:

oh that's old news VH-
9.gif
the princess is long gone...I couldn't deal with the inclusion...so there is another coming down the pipe- I think I'm going up to a Vs2...we shall see...I would love a jubilee...but they don't seem to have what I want...not yet anyway!
11.gif

----------------
Huh, what did I miss? What happened to the princess? I looked at pics one day and poof the next day it's gone!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
What an amazingly beautiful stone!!! I am SO jealous! I was going back and forth between the jubilee and princess when I first learned of the jub, but the fact that there weren't any in the size I wanted and the fact that I wanted my B/F to propose sooner rather than later swayed me towards a princess. But, your stone is gorgeous!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
My own preference would be to go for a more simple setting to really show of the stone (I'd originally wanted channel set diamonds with mine but decided it was too much when I tried it on), but that is a nice setting
1.gif
Have you considered the new double x-prong? I LOVE IT! Let us know which setting you decide on!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Noobie~
There's a thread or two around here about MMM's ring. Although it was a beauty (she sure did well picking that baby!) she has eagle eyes and could therefore see an inclusion which bugged her. So, she's looking for a new one!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 6/23/2004 3:45:07 PM cal650 wrote:

It's always great to see more pictures of jubilees as I'm waiting for one myself.

----------------
Just how many people are waiting for Jubilees? Must be quite a few.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
They're the perfect blend of round and square, so you really can't go wrong! That is, unless your G/F would prefer a marquise or pear!
2.gif
I just like the fact that it's a little less traditional but still has the feel of something that could become a classic.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
That's exactly why I'm getting a Jubilee instead of round or princess cut.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just rubbing it in again, ep6585!
2.gif
Honestly, I think you're making a wise choice (even though I LOVE princesses) and I can't wait to see the stone you end up with! Oh, and I still think the double x-prong is the way to go! What is the width of the shank on it?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I'm leaning towards the double x-prong. I asked Marie at GOG to ask about the shank. I haven't heard back yet. I also asked to see if she could get some more detailed pictures.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I think it will look STUNNING with the size stone you are considering! Let's keep our fingers crossed that the shank is not too wide....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Don't forget researcher...your stone is a VH, VH, VH....not all jubilees have that!!!
1.gif
Your ring is awesome!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I've been pretty mellow about it...but now I'm getting ants in my pants again...I hope I can move things along with my new stone....All these beauties being posted gets me going again!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
What are you getting this time?
confused.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you sound like my husband....! In a perfect world, a 1.96 G Si1 jubilee...which doesn't exist now...and I'm sure I'm not the only one....so another princess!!! Soon my pet, soon!!!

faxgrinder

Rough_Rock
Wow! So, I received the actual stone today.. and it looks amazing.. The 'G' color comes up crystal clear and white.. and it really gives off a ton of sparkles.. I bought a 1.5 princess which was a nice stone about 2 years ago.. and the Jubilee just looks so much more ...ummm... well.. JUBILANT! Very happy with purchase..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results