carat
color
clarity

Where would you wear this ring?

kara7857

Rough_Rock
20221111_125926.jpg

Hi all,
I had this ring made with a citrine that was given to me and as sentimental value. If I had chosen the stone myself I would have gone for something smaller so I could wear it every day.

I adore the colour, including in the sun, but wondering if this is only too flashy for daytime wear? Or is it simple enough I could wear with casual clothes?

Of course anyone who knows jewellery would know that it's a citrine and therefore not expensive.

I have a matching stone I'm thinking of using for a matching pendant.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Attachments

• 20221111_115017.jpg
    20221111_115017.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 119

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It's really just what feels right to you but I would wear that as an everyday ring. I feel like the stone's large size is somewhat offset by it not having any diamonds on it, as far as casualness goes.

Another idea is to have it re-sized up a bit, if needed, and wear it on your middle finger instead of ring finger. Sometimes I feel like a larger ring looks or feels more balanced on the middle finger, when it might seem a little much for the ring finger.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the size of the stone
so yes !
i would rock that thing ! :appl:
dont let the market value of citrine (in comparrison to say saphires and rubbies) put you off loving it
i too like the idea of wearing it on your middle finger
i had a client at my old work who wore a large citrine ring that had belonged to her grandma. every day
citrine is quartz so its only a 7 on the mohs scale but the fact that it is so reasonably priced means why not wear it often (my friend did have to replace her one eventually but she put another citrine right back in grandma's ring) because it faded with so much use over time

the more you wear it the more you will get used to the size :appl:

kara7857

Rough_Rock
It's really just what feels right to you but I would wear that as an everyday ring. I feel like the stone's large size is somewhat offset by it not having any diamonds on it, as far as casualness goes.

Another idea is to have it re-sized up a bit, if needed, and wear it on your middle finger instead of ring finger. Sometimes I feel like a larger ring looks or feels more balanced on the middle finger, when it might seem a little much for the ring finger.

Thanks, I avoided diamonds for that reason, thought it was already enough. And it fits on my left hand middle finger so I'll see how that looks/feels :)

kara7857

Rough_Rock
i love the size of the stone
so yes !
i would rock that thing ! :appl:
dont let the market value of citrine (in comparrison to say saphires and rubbies) put you off loving it
i too like the idea of wearing it on your middle finger
i had a client at my old work who wore a large citrine ring that had belonged to her grandma. every day
citrine is quartz so its only a 7 on the mohs scale but the fact that it is so reasonably priced means why not wear it often (my friend did have to replace her one eventually but she put another citrine right back in grandma's ring) because it faded with so much use over time

the more you wear it the more you will get used to the size :appl:

Thanks, useful to know, in that case I'll wear it often and save the matching stone as a back up!

kara7857

Rough_Rock
I love it! It‘s the sort of ring that goes with everything. Evening gown or jeans and sneakers. I‘m a fan!

Thanks for the reassurance!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, useful to know, in that case I'll wear it often and save the matching stone as a back up!

i didnt tell you my friend was her builder husband's labourer
so she was doing a lot of heavy work no sane person would wear their ring for
she wore it for years, i would take a look at it every time i served her,
it had kind of faded and was a bit scratched and then eventually she litterly droped a brick on it (and busted her hand) but she loved her grandma and wanted to wear it every day
she was so upset when the stone shattered but then so happy to get the ring fixed (with a new unfaded stone)
im pretty sure she is still wearing the ring (with the new stone ) to work still
and her wearing it is doing no one any harm and it mades her happy

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would look gorgeous with jeans and a tshirt!

kara7857

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I've been wearing it out and about and it still feels too big! Maybe I'm just not used to statement jewellery. However no one has commented on it, reflecting that most people probably don't even look at or care about jewellery ( meanwhile I obviously stare at everyone else's! :lol:)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I've been wearing it out and about and it still feels too big! Maybe I'm just not used to statement jewellery. However no one has commented on it, reflecting that most people probably don't even look at or care about jewellery ( meanwhile I obviously stare at everyone else's! :lol:)

im very happy you are wearing it
someone like me has probably noticed it and their heart was all a flutter :appl:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That one is appropriate for anything and everything, imo.

It's not "fashion jewelry" and it's not "high jewelry."

It's also a little hard to see in those pictures.

I think we overestimate the significance of our subtle changes. I took a fashion risk and got some funky Prada glasses a while back with a weird layer of bright, translucent blue behind the more conventional brown facade. You could only see the blue from the side. I thought why were too cool for me or, at the very least, they would be distracting or marginally unprofessional. After I picked them up, I don't think anyone noticed the difference -- including my spouse who helped me pick them out a week or two earlier. :lol-2:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
most people probably don't even look at or care about jewellery ( meanwhile I obviously stare at everyone else's! :lol:)

That's the issue we're all facing, isn't it? :lol: Has its undeniable pros - I wouldn't dare wear my expensive jewellery out if I believed it would draw too much attention.

I second everyone else's opinion that this ring is most definitely suitable for just about anything. I find that pieces that allow the stone to shine on its own, without diamonds or fancy halos, just in a simple metal setting, can be very versatile because they can change between being casual and statement piece based on what you wear and where you are.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Also, if it matters to you, re your comment in the original post, I don't know that most people who like jewelry or gems really could tell it's a citrine. I couldn't. I'd think it could be a citrine but also could be topaz, beryl, sapphire or etc.

kara7857

Rough_Rock
That's the issue we're all facing, isn't it? :lol: Has its undeniable pros - I wouldn't dare wear my expensive jewellery out if I believed it would draw too much attention.

I second everyone else's opinion that this ring is most definitely suitable for just about anything. I find that pieces that allow the stone to shine on its own, without diamonds or fancy halos, just in a simple metal setting, can be very versatile because they can change between being casual and statement piece based on what you wear and where you are.

What I'm hearing is I need a peach sapphire version to also wear with everything! :p

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Yep, wear with everything. I like small stones, too, but this larger one is not fussy. Especially if all the other jewelry you wear is minimal.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I'd wear it! It's fabulous.

Edit, because my tired eyes missed an important part of the question: I'd wear it anywhere I wanted. Everywhere. Wherever. And whenever. Love it.

Last edited:

EEM

Rough_Rock
20221111_125926.jpg

Hi all,
I had this ring made with a citrine that was given to me and as sentimental value. If I had chosen the stone myself I would have gone for something smaller so I could wear it every day.

I adore the colour, including in the sun, but wondering if this is only too flashy for daytime wear? Or is it simple enough I could wear with casual clothes?

Of course anyone who knows jewellery would know that it's a citrine and therefore not expensive.

I have a matching stone I'm thinking of using for a matching pendant.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Hi! Your ring is beautiful. I am looking for something similar and came across yours. Can you share any of the details or point me in the right direction, please! I love yours!

kara7857

Rough_Rock
Hi! Your ring is beautiful. I am looking for something similar and came across yours. Can you share any of the details or point me in the right direction, please! I love yours!

Thank you! I had it made by a local jeweller (in Australia) in 9ct gold, the stone is a citrine my dad bought for me from Brazil.

If it's any help here are the drawings from the jeweller- very very simple setting as you can see! But she made it sit as low as possible for comfort, on the snug side so it doesn't spin too much, and quite a solid band so it looks proportionate with such a large stone.

Good luck with your search!

IMG_20221011_164522.jpg

EEM

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I had it made by a local jeweller (in Australia) in 9ct gold, the stone is a citrine my dad bought for me from Brazil.

If it's any help here are the drawings from the jeweller- very very simple setting as you can see! But she made it sit as low as possible for comfort, on the snug side so it doesn't spin too much, and quite a solid band so it looks proportionate with such a large stone.

IMG_20221011_164522.jpg

Thank you so much! One more question...curious how large your stone is or the dimensions...just to get an idea. I have pretty large fingers...wear a 7.5 on my ring finger!! Thank you so much...again it's beautiful!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_20221011_164522.jpg

this makes me love your ring even more !
of you were my workmate/friend/sister i want to see that ring every time we were together

kara7857

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! One more question...curious how large your stone is or the dimensions...just to get an idea. I have pretty large fingers...wear a 7.5 on my ring finger!! Thank you so much...again it's beautiful!!

I think I'm a 7.5 too - I have pretty large hands! The stone is 19x13mm

Also sharing some glamour shots from my jeweller's instagram page (@modicajewellery):

1669519126163.png
1669519145123.png

EEM

Rough_Rock
I think I'm a 7.5 too - I have pretty large hands! The stone is 19x13mm

Also sharing some glamour shots from my jeweller's instagram page (@modicajewellery):

1669519126163.png
1669519145123.png

Oh, wow...that's even more helpful given we are the same size! I have been looking for a stone and it's so hard to visualize size on my hand, color, etc., online. Thanks for sharing with me! It really looks fabulous on you...it's perfect and I just love it! Congrats!! And, let me know if you decide to sell your other stone! I would be interested, for sure.

kara7857

Rough_Rock
Oh, wow...that's even more helpful given we are the same size! I have been looking for a stone and it's so hard to visualize size on my hand, color, etc., online. Thanks for sharing with me! It really looks fabulous on you...it's perfect and I just love it! Congrats!! And, let me know if you decide to sell your other stone! I would be interested, for sure.

Oh I'm so sorry, I wish I could help you but I can't let go of this other stone; these were a gift from my dad who is now unwell with a terminal illness and so have a lot of sentimental value. I'm planning to get the other one set as a necklace (east-west, maybe with a bezel).

If you do buy something similar or get something similar made please share it on pricescope too!!

Reactions: EEM
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results