shape
carat
color
clarity

Where would I find quality saphire/gemstone rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aeli

Rough_Rock
I always thought the perfect e-ring would include the "perfect" diamond, but lately I''ve been leaning towards saphires. I''ve tried looking at some local B&M stores (to get some ideas), but the saphires don''t look very clear or sparkly (they''re quite dull, actually), and the selection is extremely limited. I would love a rectangular cut with a fine pave bezel and a dainty pave band/shank. Any suggestions as to where I might find something like this - either on-line or at an actual store (I''m in San Francisco). Thanks!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''m in San Francisco too. Maybe you should buy the stone and have it made? But there is a store downtown, very expensive that has some beautiful colored stone rings called Mozzafarian
http://www.mozaffarianfinejewelry.com/ . If you have an interest in antique jewelry Lang Jewelers located in the same part should have some sapphire rings www.langjewelry.com. I think they have some new items too.

I got a loose stone from a dealer that comes into the city to sell to vendors in S.F. who is from gemcal.com
There are some stone cutters downtown in the phelan building on Market street and I don''t know if they have sapphires but I know they have a huge selection of stones.

I visited Padis gems and have been to Derco too, both at the Jewelry Mart, but they don''t have much in the way of colored stones and they also seem to be lacking knowledge in that area. They are really better for diamonds.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Innerkitten! Great information! I''m from the Bay Area, too, and I don''t want to forget this post!

Aeli: I agree that it probably makes best sense to look for the gemstone first, and then worry about the mounting later...unless you find some fabulous estate piece.

I think it''s great that you now have some places to "eyeball" gemstones in person, to get an idea what''s out there.. If you''re interested in using the internet, I can personally recommend www.cherrypicked.com ...I''ve purchased some stones from them and have been very pleased...I appreciated their patience with me, as well!
20.gif

I''ve also heard good things about www.simplysapphires.com, and www.preciousgemstones.com for higher end stuff, and www.ajsgems.com for a large range of gemstones, moderately priced. I''m sure that there are lots of other good places, as well.

Hope this helps!

Good luck...
widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results