shape
carat
color
clarity

Where would I buy a stone like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I searched for yellow sapphires on here and found this. I love it! Can anyone give me an idea where I could find something like this. I am hoping to find around 2cts.

Thank you
1.gif

(I think it belongs to Brightspot)

brightspot21342.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Art Cut Gems just sold a very similar 1 ct stone, perhaps you could contact them?

There are also two or three here thought I can''t vouch for the vendor. With the pound/ AUD conversion they should be pretty cheap.

NSC has several (limit by oval, greater than 2 ct) at a variety of prices.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just like to tell people about treatement in order for them to decide if they want an untreated/treated stone. Yellow sapphires are often diffused, which is akin to dying the stone. They can also be treated with gentle heat to improve the coloration and overall appearance. You will find many price points for yellow sapphires, but make sure you understand that if the stone is very inexpensive, it might be diffused. Not all sellers will disclose this, or they will tell you it's heated (which can also mean it's diffused). Diffused stones are also heated, but not all heated stones are diffused. Gentle heat is more of an acceptable practice. Unheated natural yellow sapphires would be the most costly option. Regardless of whether you want a diffused, gently heated or untreated stone, just make sure you're paying for what you are getting.
1.gif
If the stone was very expensive, I would want a lab report indicating the treatment or lack thereof.

Good luck on your search.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks both of you for your help and advice
1.gif

sweetleila

Rough_Rock
I recommend that you contact Jeff White of whitesgems.com. I''ve been working with him to find the perfect unheated yellow sapphire. Just tell him what exactly you are looking for, and if he does not have it, he soon will.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Maisie!

You've gotten some great advice from the above posters. Are you looking for unheated or heated? Heating can lower the price a bit, and may be a great option for the hue you are looking for.

The stone Shaunrice posted is a nice color and is unheated to boot.

What shapes interest you? Do you have a budget in mind?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking for the right stone starts with if you prefer gentle heating, untreated or if you don''t mind BE diffusion. Based on your choice, then we''ll be able to make the right recommendation of vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results