shape
carat
color
clarity

Where would be the best place to sell.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
A complete wedding ring set including the grooms wedding band? All I know is that the bands are 10k gold the men''s band is plain and around 4mm, and the woman''s band is channel set around 2mm with 12 round diamonds. The engagement ring is 14k gold cathedral setting with a princess cut diamond im thinking maybe the diamond is btwn 1/4-1/3ct. I''m not sure If I should go to a pawn shop due to the fact they may not give me a generous value for these rings. Where do you all suggest? I live in the Atlanta area.....Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly you won''t get much for them at all I am afraid. You could try ebay and see if you can get more than scrap value for them.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
7.gif
But I don''t have papers for them... What should I do? Do you think they will at least give me $300...Is it possible to sell them back to a jeweler?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 9:46:21 PM
Author:lizziepoo
A complete wedding ring set including the grooms wedding band? All I know is that the bands are 10k gold the men''s band is plain and around 4mm, and the woman''s band is channel set around 2mm with 12 round diamonds. The engagement ring is 14k gold cathedral setting with a princess cut diamond im thinking maybe the diamond is btwn 1/4-1/3ct. I''m not sure If I should go to a pawn shop due to the fact they may not give me a generous value for these rings. Where do you all suggest? I live in the Atlanta area.....Thanks
don''t do the pawn shop... I did it 10 years ago, and so regret it. I should have sold it on ebay, I''ve sold some fine jewelry on ebay recently, especially with gems and diamonds in it, you will get more from ebay than if you go through the pawn shop, and don''t even try those cash for gold sites either,,, its a rip off.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:55:50 PM
Author: lizziepoo
7.gif
But I don''t have papers for them... What should I do? Do you think they will at least give me $300...Is it possible to sell them back to a jeweler?

It''s certainly worth a try! But for 10k gold and such a small stone with no certification-I doubt you''ll get that much for it. But I could be wrong so it is worth shopping them around to a few places.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Here is a blurry shot of the set...Does anyone know how much it would cost to get it appraised?

Sorry the picture is blurry
7.gif

weddingringsetplusgroomband.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
dimend SCAASI - Gold buying event - SELL YOUR GOLD EVENT

I just received an email from Isaac at dimend SCAASI and they are buying gold jewelry from people. His phone number is 888.502.1700. You can email him, too, for details.

Lori

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Before you sell you must do your homework on value.Shop around for a buyer.Go to a few pawn shops and get quotes .Go to a few jewelers that sell estate jewelry and talk to them about selling and as they look at the piece ask questions reguarding size and quality.Educate yourself before selling.Ask a jeweler to show you quality through a loupe and what the rings weigh,ask about approx size.Write this information down.Go to your nearest college and post the sale and available information on the cork boards.Dont meet at your home,but at the college for any prospective buyer.Dont be insulted when people offer low on the rings because the 10kt bands will recover very little.An appraisal will cost you more then you will recover in this sale(50-150 dollars).

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 10:51:30 AM
Author: jewelerman

Before you sell you must do your homework on value.Shop around for a buyer.Go to a few pawn shops and get quotes .Go to a few jewelers that sell estate jewelry and talk to them about selling and as they look at the piece ask questions reguarding size and quality.Educate yourself before selling.Ask a jeweler to show you quality through a loupe and what the rings weigh,ask about approx size.Write this information down.Go to your nearest college and post the sale and available information on the cork boards.Dont meet at your home,but at the college for any prospective buyer.Dont be insulted when people offer low on the rings because the 10kt bands will recover very little.An appraisal will cost you more then you will recover in this sale(50-150 dollars).
re-read my post...last line dosnt mean that you will only recover 50-150 on rings but that is what appraisal will cosdt you depending on the appraiser and type of appraisal.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Hi
Thanks D&T, neatfreak, loriken, & jewelerman for your replies.

Now I am thinking of selling it on criagslist now, but i''m not sure how to go about it and how much to charge. I have found some websites that carry similar rings but I am unsure of where the set I have now actually came from. The websites lists a simlar channel band for $250 and the men''s band for around $60, and I am thinking the engagement ring was maybe purchased for around $300 at least. The person who purchased them has forgotten the exact store but says he did get them from a legit jeweler.

Someone has replied to my listing on craigslist and they are asking for my paypal address so they can submit a payment. Is there any harm in provideing them with this information. I''m thinking it couldnt hurt much to send them the email address.

If this fails I definately will take it to pawn shops to compare prices maybe i''ll be suprised, but I hope there is''nt a fee for them to do all this. I just can''t afford to pay $80 for an appraisal
7.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t respond just yet with the craigslist ad, be very careful, Some can contain phishing if you respond. Meet them at a bank or local jeweler and ask for Cash. I''d just be weary when someone responds right away without asking all the details of the items. Did they inquire at all?

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 5:20:11 PM
Author: D&T
don''t respond just yet with the craigslist ad, be very careful, Some can contain phishing if you respond. Meet them at a bank or local jeweler and ask for Cash. I''d just be weary when someone responds right away without asking all the details of the items. Did they inquire at all?
Opps I just responded, hopefully sending my email wont do too much damage considering he already had it. He only hoped that the items were in good condition. I hope that I just didnt make a big mistake
7.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 5:31:53 PM
Author: lizziepoo

Date: 6/30/2009 5:20:11 PM
Author: D&T
don't respond just yet with the craigslist ad, be very careful, Some can contain phishing if you respond. Meet them at a bank or local jeweler and ask for Cash. I'd just be weary when someone responds right away without asking all the details of the items. Did they inquire at all?
Opps I just responded, hopefully sending my email wont do too much damage considering he already had it. He only hoped that the items were in good condition. I hope that I just didnt make a big mistake
7.gif
hoping the best to you! I'm just a paranoid person when it comes to paypal transaction if it doesn't include ebay or a known seller. I hope you get what you wanted though

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck to you...I am not at all certain how paypal scams work, but hopefully things will be ok.

As far as selling jewelry...I have sold quite a bit on ebay, but usually in a lotand put "wear or scrap" in the title. It has worked out pretty well for me...and in some cases I would have liked to get more.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 5:42:19 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Good luck to you...I am not at all certain how paypal scams work, but hopefully things will be ok.

As far as selling jewelry...I have sold quite a bit on ebay, but usually in a lotand put ''wear or scrap'' in the title. It has worked out pretty well for me...and in some cases I would have liked to get more.
if you get an email from a "paypal" looking page that ask you to verify your info or say your account has been comprise and to click on their link... Dont do it, open up a new browser for paypal directly and find out for sure if your account has been compromise. Some scammer will ask for your paypal address, and you respond with your email they have your name and they will send a ficticious phishing paypal page personalize with your name. In this case, forward the email to [email protected] so they can trace and deactivate anymore of this type of emails. I"m not all saying this will happen, but a possibility. But again good luck.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. So far I have heard nothing else from the person, and my account still looks the same so thats good. Meanwhile I am looking for a diamond....Which one is ok for a person like me who doesnt care if the stone is a slight tint of yellow, or have a couple small inclusions...my budget and preference is to get the biggest diamond possible for under $1000, but it has to look decent. Here is the link: http://www.solomonbrothers.com/DiamondComparison.aspx

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lizzie-it''s best to keep questions about the same thing all in one thread. Since you have a thread going about your diamond comparison in Rocky Talky it''s probably best just to solicit opinions in one place. Easier for everyone. (Plus RT is the place you''ll get the most answers)

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks,

I realized that and so I posted in RT....I wasn''t thinking at the moment...I just have sooo much going on and so many questions flowing through my head...I''m sorry if I inconvenienced anyone
7.gif

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
I dont understand one thing,tell me,are you selling for just for instant cash or starting small business?
For the first condition,I''d suggest you to go for the bank,get cash against property-thus,your belonging is preserved,for the second condition,I have no idea.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re probably not going to get more than $150 for that on ebay. I''ve seen more expensive sets (higher karat gold, more diamonds) sell for $150 on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results