shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to spend the money: pendant/earring

What to buy with $5000: pendant or studs?

• single stone for pendant 0.8 ct

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • a pair of studs 1.3 ctw

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Ok. If yo have $5000, would you buy a single stone for pendant or a pair of studs?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think studs come before a pendant in the order of priority. But that is just me!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
same with DS2006- I did buy studs first before a pendant as I wear earrings daily. I do wear my pendant frequently as well but its not a daily priority for me (my earring holes do close up if I don't put anything in the ears for a short period of time, but I can go weeks without a necklace on)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I voted pendant for two reasons: one, diamond prices are rising, and bigger stones are always pricier than smaller ones; I'm betting that while that's the division now, in the future the .80 will be pricier than two .60s. And, two, I like being able to enjoy my jewelry myself - on a 20" chain, I can get a kick out of my pendant, too!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
going with circe~

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
While I think you would wear the studs more, I do agree that the price of the pendant is likely to go up more, making that less possible to buy in the future.
but two .60 stones would make very nice studs--my mother has 1.3 carat total weight studs and they look awesome! Why don't you go try on both earrings and studs and see which you like better.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get studs before I got a pendant.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your input. Currently I have a pair of Macy's studs 0.5 ctw. I tried 1.3 ctw (0.65 ea) studs and like the size. But as stated by circa, considering the value of a 0.8+ single stone, I want to have a pendant, and maybe pass to kids one day :)

happybear

Shiny_Rock
I voted for studs too. :))

I think studs are timeless and can be worn in every occasion. And even when you have grown tired of it, they make a good pair of side stone for a 3 stone ring!

But if you are yearning for a pendant (since you already have a pair of studs), then go for it!

Look forward to your final purchase! :naughty:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for earrings. Any time I get 'dressed' as in ready to leave the house, I am wearing earrings, but not always a pendant. There is nothing more classic or appropriate than a pair of diamond stud earrings, whether you are running to the store, going to a ball game, or wearing a suit to meet the president (you never know! :wink2: ) The size you are looking at is perfect, imo.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Studs, hands down. I'm naked without them.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
You answered your own question. Since you have studs, get the pendant.
The single bigger diamond is always more valuable.
You can upgrade studs later.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I chose earrings because there are many opportunities to get pendants, vs. having that budget for earrings isn't going to be the most common thing to have happen.

BUT, if I had another option I"d probably get a tennis bracelet. :Up_to_something:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Studs! I wear mine almost evey day and can sleep in them, so they're convienent. ETA - I upgraded from .50 good cut to .82 ACAs and the size and sparkle improvement is spectacular!

How many kids do you have? One thought is if you have more than one, you cannot pass the .80 on to both of them. If you have two (like I do), each can get one of the diamonds!

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
So many hard decisions. I have one 0.5 ct stone from my previous ring. I am struggling to
1. Put it into a pendant and buy a pair of 1.3cttw studs
2. First put it into a pair of 1.0 ctw studs. Buy a 0.8 + pedant later.
3. Store this stone. And buy either the pendant or 1.3cttw studs now.

Too many choices definitely not a good thing. I am losing hair (not much already) ... Thank you all who cast your vote. I think currently, #1 probably will work out best.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, #1 would be great! If you put the .5 in a halo pendant setting, it will be a good size between your e-ring and studs! Athena put her original .5 diamond in a halo setting and the thread is currently on the Show Me the Bling page.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1303942536|2906531 said:
Yes, #1 would be great! If you put the .5 in a halo pendant setting, it will be a good size between your e-ring and studs! Athena put her original .5 diamond in a halo setting and the thread is currently on the Show Me the Bling page.

Bingo!

I love this pendant, w/ the double bezel - it's an interesting touch, and it has the benefit of puffing it up a bit in a obviously-not-for-the-purposes-of-puffing way, w/ or w/out the halo :love:

E%20-%20BrianGavin_Halo2_100109.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1303943627|2906537 said:
diamondseeker2006|1303942536|2906531 said:

Bingo!

I love this pendant, w/ the double bezel - it's an interesting touch, and it has the benefit of puffing it up a bit in a obviously-not-for-the-purposes-of-puffing way, w/ or w/out the halo :love:

E%20-%20BrianGavin_Halo2_100109.jpg

YES!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yrrp3738|1303937667|2906482 said:
So many hard decisions. I have one 0.5 ct stone from my previous ring. I am struggling to
1. Put it into a pendant and buy a pair of 1.3cttw studs
2. First put it into a pair of 1.0 ctw studs. Buy a 0.8 + pedant later.
3. Store this stone. And buy either the pendant or 1.3cttw studs now.

Too many choices definitely not a good thing. I am losing hair (not much already) ... Thank you all who cast your vote. I think currently, #1 probably will work out best.

yes #1 for sure. 0.5 ct is a great size for a pendant esp if you do it in a halo setting!

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
I chose studs but only on the proviso that you don't have any already... I tend to always always wear earrings, and then if I am wearing jewellery a watch and my ering are the next to go on. I don't wear necklaces or bracelets every day so I think it's best to choose the nicest stuff for the jewellery that you are more likely to wear often.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
I like this BDG halo pendant below. For the bezel, WF seems cheaper.

pendant_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results