shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to shop (in person) for men''s wedding bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI has looked at lots of bands, and really likes the brushed-center polished-edges look (like the one at the bottom from signed pieces).

He really wants to try on that style and pick his ring in person (we did mine almost entirely online, but he's not confident that he could pick well for himself that way). So far we've only been to Zales (
14.gif
) and Bailey Banks & Biddle, and they have sort of similar designs.

Does anyone have recommendations for a store w/ a really great selection of men's wedding bands? (We live in the LA area if that helps)

P.S. He thinks he'd like an unplated 18k/Palladium alloy--will this be difficult to find? He loved the look (#3 from the image directly below) of it unplated.

image002.jpg

(linked from the PS article "An Overview Of Common Alloys Used In Jewelry")

20812_xlarge.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're not in LA, but almost all of our locally owned jewelry stores here have a great selection of men's bands. We've had no trouble finding them at non-maul stores.

Also, if he likes the look of #3, he should also check out titanium. It's lightweight, has that same color, not to mention that it's super super cheap!

We got FI's ring from http://www.boonerings.com and it came in about 2 days!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just go downtown on a Saturday morning to the Jewelry District and go into everyplace open. There are tons of places! And while you''re there check out Single Stone!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies... We''ve been to the jewelry (diamond?) district 3 or 4 times now, I guess I must''ve had a one-track mind because all I saw were glittery DIAMONDS
30.gif
11.gif
haha!

Seriously, though, I think the problem is we''re just looking for a place with as large a selection of men'' bands to try as there are womens'' rings and diamonds, which I guess isn''t likely to happen. He''s a one-stop-shopping kinda guy, and it''s hard for him to visually compare things unless they''re both sitting right in front of him at the same store!
2.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
musey, I dont know what your budget is but we looked and looked and looked for his ring and he was about to settle on a plain Tiff band that he wasn''t enamored with when we went to Fashion Island in Newport Beach, and we walked into Stuart Moore and he found a wband that made him as giddy as a little girl! Seriously giddy. Like, I thought he''d start skipping at any moment giddy. They have a ton of men''s rings, mainly plat and white gold but you could call them and see if they have other metals and what their price range is. They use a compressed plat that supposedly has less air in it and is denser than poured cast rings. His ring is hella heavy but he loves it as much as I love my rings. He actually asked me if he could "visit" his ring recently...heh...I trained him well, didn''t I?
27.gif

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
The one watchout with titanium is that it cannot be resized. If he ever changes sizes, he will have to buy a new ring.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 1:55:01 PM
Author: Nicki
The one watchout with titanium is that it cannot be resized. If he ever changes sizes, he will have to buy a new ring.

Well, they can be altered about 1/4 size usually. But who cares, they''re only $100!
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 1:48:00 PM
Author: surfgirl
musey, I dont know what your budget is but we looked and looked and looked for his ring and he was about to settle on a plain Tiff band that he wasn''t enamored with when we went to Fashion Island in Newport Beach, and we walked into Stuart Moore and he found a wband that made him as giddy as a little girl! Seriously giddy. Like, I thought he''d start skipping at any moment giddy. They have a ton of men''s rings, mainly plat and white gold but you could call them and see if they have other metals and what their price range is. They use a compressed plat that supposedly has less air in it and is denser than poured cast rings. His ring is hella heavy but he loves it as much as I love my rings. He actually asked me if he could ''visit'' his ring recently...heh...I trained him well, didn''t I?
27.gif
Ooh, maybe a visit to that store is in order. I like any excuse to go down to Newport Beach, anyway
9.gif
Thank you for the rec. and we''ll likely go check them out next weekend.

The heavy, compressed platinum thing sounds really good as well, thought not for him--for me! I love some weight in my jewelry. I keep catching myself trying to sell him on platinum
3.gif
(must let him choose for himself... at least that''s what I keep telling myself!)

sheena

Rough_Rock
I suggest that you buy at the jewelry shop near your place. It is better to buy it directly not on online jewelry shop.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
musey, just an FYI that most of the styles at that shop are very contemporary...Dont know if you''ll find something to match your pretty ring but it''s worth going anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results