shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to sell my "higher end" jewelry??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to sell my platinum and diamond vintage righthand right and my inside outside pave'' hoop earrings. The problem I come across is most of the stuff of craigslist caters to the "mall store" market. Both of my pieces cater to a different market than this. My ring is a vintage platinum ring, hand fabricated, with E-F/ VS extremely well cut diamonds, and my earrings are some of the finer machined pave'' styles I have seen. I don''t know if there is a better place to sell my stuff, that would cater to a market that is a little more concerned on quality.

Also I wanted to know if everyone would think a fair price would be half of what I paid for these items. I didn''t want to post pictures because I wasn''t sure if that went against the rule of "self promoting".

I also don''t want to do Ebay. ANY IDEAS??? Greatly Appreciated!
26.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you thought about consigning with Pearlmans?

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I didn't know they did consignment. Off hand, do you know where they are based out of? Or what percentage they take? ...

Thanks for the suggestion

I just looked at their website, thats cool. I guess it would depend on how much profit they want. I will contact them. Thank you!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
The other option would be to go to an estate/antique jeweler and see if you can trade in your pieces for something new (new to you!)...

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2008 11:15:26 PM
Author: surfgirl
The other option would be to go to an estate/antique jeweler and see if you can trade in your pieces for something new (new to you!)...

Good suggestion, but I have already picked out the pieces I want at a specific jeweler, and I can''t get the amount I want for a trade in- which I understand, cause I imagine the store has to make a decent profit selling my traded in pieces.

MrYoung

Rough_Rock
You can try selling at auction.

Joseph DuMouchelle
Feemans
Christies
SOthebys

You can also try jewelry buyers.

www.circajewels.com

Consult your local appraiser for marketable cash value appraisals. He/she may alos broker- uses his or her connections/knowledge to find the best selling value and takes acontingent of the sold value. He/she CANNOT appraise when brokering.

Good Luck.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2008 10:25:58 PM
Author: Missrocks
Oh, I didn''t know they did consignment. Off hand, do you know where they are based out of? Or what percentage they take? ...

they are in battlecreek, MI and take 15% of the price you and Bill agree upon. I''ve consigned 2 items there and it was easy and fairly quick b/c they put pics up on the internet allowing people to see it all over the world vs. dealing with someone local who would only have local traffic to see it.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
me toooooo ....it was easy... :) Bill and Jason are the best..

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
I would love love love it if there were a Pricescope shootoff that was for classified ads!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 7:09:17 PM
Author: Addlepated
I would love love love it if there were a Pricescope shootoff that was for classified ads!
AGREED
36.gif

Oh, and I called Bill at Pearlman''s. He was actually very professional and extremely HELPFUL. I feel he gave me realistic amounts of what I could get for my items...although they little lower than what I had really hoped for. So since I still do enjoy the pieces, I might hang onto them for a while longer and debate about what to do...

Thanks again everyone for the advice!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
me toooooo :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Classifieds on PS makes me giddy :) I think it would be wonderful!

For now, I would look at Pearlman''s, or try and sell it to a place like SignedPieces (they do designer and estate now)...

GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results