shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to get a tanzanite polished--is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All,

OK, I did an idiotic thing. I have a tanzanite ring that I was wanting to sell and someone at work was interested. She must have worn it enough to get it scratched right across the table and it is very noticeable. I know the scratch wasn''t there before. There is also a small chip on the edge of the table facet, but I really can''t say whether it was already there or not.

I have worn the ring maybe 10 times tops because although I love the stone, I don''t like the setting and was considering having it reset. I''m not going to say anything to her because I''m sure it was accidental. However, I have decided to set it into another setting I already have so I am wondering if the scratch can be polished out and if so, who can you recommend to do a stellar job? Thanks in advance!

I''d email some cutters and see what they can do for you. I can''t imagine why they wouldn''t be able to help you out with it.

It is possible (I''ve heard a vendor offer to do so for a customer). Ask the jeweller who will be unsetting the stone whether he has a good lapidary.

Thanks, everybody, I have emailed Wink because I think he would know someone.

Yup, Wink should be able to point you in the right direction as to what to do. I''m sure he''ll be able to recommend a lap to polish the scratch out.

He''s already responded to my email. He can definitely get it done. I feel so much better now!

Date: 3/1/2009 12:24:50 AM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
He''s already responded to my email. He can definitely get it done. I feel so much better now!
That''s a relief.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics