shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find vintage or vintage styled diamond 2-3mm bands?

miagracie

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to find a white gold or platinum or paladium 2 or 3 mm (more than that sticks out too far with the ring) diamond or diamond accented (or if it's really amazing without diamonds) wedding band or anniversary band.

I'm looking on ebay and there are VERY few bands (most are sets) like this. Any good online vintage shops? Or places that sell new bands that are nice and vintagey or modern but very delicate looking?

Thanks!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Where to find vintage or vintage styled diamond 2-3mm ba

I need a photo to understand what you are looking for. Vintage bands are very different in styles depending on the time period. Here are the 2 places I looked and my band was VERY hard to locate. I had to have the seller separate it from a set and I still need to have it modified.

www.antiqueengagementrings.com

www.circa1030s.com

miagracie

Rough_Rock

Here is the ring I have:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/did-i-get-a-good-deal-on-this-vintage-ring.166310/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/did-i-get-a-good-deal-on-this-vintage-ring.166310/[/URL]

I've tried it on with various width bands/rings that I do have and as much as I usually tend to like wide bands with a lot of finger coverage, they don't do as well with this one. I think they detract from the shape of the head and make it more square than the slight almost faux cushion cut a bit that the sides have.

3mm width is the max, but 2mm seems to be best, as it doesn't stick out too far. I'm thinking of maybe just using my late grandma's plain white gold band from 1933. I THINK (and anyone who could tell me for sure is sadly now gone) it's her original wedding band, but it may have been purchased a few years later and she may not have had one when they married. Side question, would it have likely been later being 18k white gold? The patina while not an exact match, does compliment it.

I kind of am a little tied to the idea that the band should be diamond encrusted or have diamonds as well. But when I try it with a 3mm modern style eternity band with the hard edges it takes away from the e-ring with it's hardness and the patina of the metal being harsher and lest "soft" looking.

Hubby thinks it looks best without any band at all, but I tend to think that since we're married, I'd prefer to have the traditional band as well.

This ring is an early 20th anniversary present, it's a few months before our 18th. I was planning to wait to upgrade for our 20th, but he suggested I go ahead and I found this lovely ring after learning how hard it is to find good vintage pieces now days.

And you know, life is short, so why wait. We kind of had a reminder of this two weeks ago, I nearly became a widow-he was one car away from a fatal car accident (someone did die, it's complicated but a truck came across the opposite lane of the interstate out of control), the car right in front of him, the driver was killed instantly. He says he was about 60 feet from the car when it happened and only had about 1.5-2 seconds max reaction time. So I think we're both kind of in a celebrating life mode, and for me this ring is part of it-reminding me how fragile it all is and how close we almost came to not making it to 20 years. Anyway, sorry to vent, just kind of got emotional.

miagracie

Rough_Rock

One more thought...Do some ladies deliberately pick a simpler band to not overpower the e-ring?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love topazery! That's where my wedding band came from.

What about New York Estate Jewelery, Ruby Lane, and Etsy?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

miagracie|1317313769|3028772 said:
One more thought...Do some ladies deliberately pick a simpler band to not overpower the e-ring?

Yes. It's common for settings with side stones or intricate pave to be paired to a plain band to let the ering shine. Here's an example of people who prefer plain bands with a 3 stone:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-kind-of-wedding-band-for-a-3-stone-e-ring.155570/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-kind-of-wedding-band-for-a-3-stone-e-ring.155570/[/URL]

I think a solid metal band with an embossed/carved pattern would look really pretty with your ring.

miagracie

Rough_Rock

Lovely band that you linked to! It's just a bit more than my price range though. But it is lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results