shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi all - my FI really likes this ring for his wedding ring. Its a Christian Bauer, which is overpriced. Does anyone know who else makes a ring like this or how much it might cost to have it custom-made? Is it just a variation on regular brushing of the platinum, or is it some other technique?

Thanks!

CBBrushedplatforJ.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t see a thing - are there cracks on the surface of the metal or what ?

The overall shape looks like a "pipe ring" with slightly dulled edges
20.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yeah - I don''t know if those are cracks or what. I think it looks weird and like something you would dig up somewhere, but FI likes it so I promised him I''d try to find out more about it...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
ETA: OK, I found this ring on the Pearlman''s site, and its called "wire brushed" platinum. Does that help? Is this a common technique? Should this be fairly easy to have made on our own?
Thanks!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn''t find the ring on Pearlman''s site or Bauer''s. But, from the pic you posted it looks textural. If textural is what he''s attracted to maybe mokume gane would be a good substitute? I don''t know how prices compare but you may want to look at a few sites to see if there''s anything there that interests him in your price range.

wgsttwist.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I know these aren''t the same but I bet Boonerings.com could do a finish close on titanium

treebarkmatteboonerings.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
just another sample of their textured rings

alienskin1boonerings.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2005 7:18:44 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
ETA: OK, I found this ring on the Pearlman''s site, and its called ''wire brushed'' platinum.
Does that help? Is this a common technique?

Should this be fairly easy to have made on our own?
not much... different looks get called this all the time.

For once, if the cracks in the original photo are really identations, than they are probably engraved, not brushed on. The finish around them may be obtained in any number of ways before the engraving.

When asking if this is easy, do you mean to apply the finish on your own (at home) or have it made by a local jeweler on a "normal" platinum band ?

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
AmberG, it''s difficult to see detail from the pearlmans pic but I found these.
BND_R_10045.jpg

BND_O_4730.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tony, where do you find all these obscure jewelry designer sites !???
3.gif

Ohhhhh that rough metal finish....

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Jeeeeez Tony, I''m with Ana. That rough metal one has to be the best guy''s ring I have ever seen. Love that tiny touch of contrasting metal. Where did they come from?
4.gif

A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results