shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find royal aaschers???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjd

Rough_Rock
So Mark T is the ''cushion man'' - is there an ''aascher man''. Is there a particular vendor who is known for sourcing ex cut aaschers? Any help would be very much appreciated. I was browsing through posts yesterday and found a stunning aascher e-ring, if you search oliviob you''ll find it - just took my breath away. is it possible to get an ex cut 1.5ct aascher in the 6000 - 7000 price range?

mjd

Rough_Rock
This is a daniiel k setting with 1.5 asscher - i just think it is soooo elegant and classy

daniel k 1.5 h.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! If you live in the Philadelphia, Pa. area, the only store I know that carries them is the Jack Kellmer Company.
RA''S cost much more than generic Asshers - I saw a 3 carat I color VVS1 clarity RA yesterday that cost $64000.00.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 10:58:03 AM
Author:Star17
is it possible to get an ex cut 1.5ct aascher in the 6000 - 7000 price range?
Royal Asscher--no, not a chance. Unless you're buying it from an estate sale and the seller has no idea the value of the stone. Even a generic 1.5ct asscher will run more in the neighborhood of 8-10,000 (like this one or this one).

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Star, Check out Good Old Gold. That''s were I got mine. They are great to work with. I worked w/ Tim this past time and he was awesome. It took me a long time to decide on the stone I got, but he was wonderful the whole time. He also got back w/ me through emails very quickly.

I don''t know if they can get RA''s for you but they can def. get EX/EX cuts. You may find a 1.5 of thiers but it probably won''t be ex/ex for 7K.

I also really like GOG''s trade in policy. It''s worth if you want to trade up pretty often. I would like to upgrade at our 5yr to a 2.00 - 2.5 then at 10 yr to a 3.00
31.gif

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
Hello there! I''m sure you have learned that Royal Asschers are extremely expensive. I have seen several beautiful generic asschers on this site that are just as stunning and much more affordable - if "affordability" is an issue for you. As far as finding "The Asscher Guy", I am not sure there is one, but I have seen several PSers talk about the excellent quality of asschers brokered through Good Old Gold.

Strmrdr - a contributing PSer - is very knowledgable and has a knack for picking out the asschers and emeralds. Perhaps he will chime in and give some guidance for you. Good luck!
21.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Are regular Asschers often misrepresented as Royal Asschers?

I found this on another forum (it''s already been sold) - does the price seem off?

1.96 ct. VVS2 J Royal Asscher

* Diamond ID#: 31912
* Lab: GIA
* Shape: Asscher
* Carat: 1.96
* Color: J
* Clarity: VVS2
* Measurements: 7.00 x 7.12 - 4.65
* Girdle: M /P
* Depth %: 66.4
* Table %: 60
* Culet: VS
* Polish: VG
* Symmetry: VG
* Fluorescence: N.
* Price: $12,950

royassch_1.96.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
I see that NM sells authentic RA jewelry:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/template/profile.jhtml?itemId=cat12820740&parentId=cat000147&masterId=cat800731&icid=

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 12:20:39 PM
Author: Ninama
I found this 1.96 ct. VVS2 J Royal Asscher
31.gif

Hee hee ... if you type "Tierhog" into the search bar you can see about ONE MILLION more pictures of that RA ... a Pricescoper bought that and apparently it was real and quite a bargain (maybe because asscher''s show color pretty easily & "J" is lower than the RA company usually goes).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 1:17:51 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 8/19/2007 12:20:39 PM

Author: Ninama
I found this 1.96 ct. VVS2 J Royal Asscher
31.gif

Hee hee ... if you type ''Tierhog'' into the search bar you can see about ONE MILLION more pictures of that RA ... a Pricescoper bought that and apparently it was real and quite a bargain (maybe because asscher''s show color pretty easily & ''J'' is lower than the RA company usually goes).

Man alive, Deco...I just read that entire thread...***PHEW*** Thank GOD he went with the 1.96. I was ready to cry when I read he sent it back!!!

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
there are many generic Asschers out there but the original Asscher and the Royal Asscher are cut by the Royal Asscher Diamond Company. The Royal Asscher is the successor to the original Asscher. The Royal has 74 facets, it has wider corners and more facets than the original. If you''re looking for the real Royal Asscher, I know for sure Neiman Marcus carries them.

If you''re looking for something with a reasonable price tag, I''ve seen some from unlikely sources such as www.costco.com, and www.overstock.com

http://www.asscher.com/en/royal_asscher_cut/

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 7:42:49 PM
Author: starburst
there are many generic Asschers out there but the original Asscher and the Royal Asscher are cut by the Royal Asscher Diamond Company.
HOWEVER today''s "generic" asschers look more like the "original" asschers than today''s Royal Asschers do. If you''re going for the "antique" look -- go "generic".

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 7:50:05 PM

there are many generic Asschers out there but the original Asscher and the Royal Asscher are cut by the Royal Asscher Diamond Company.

HOWEVER today''s ''generic'' asschers look more like the ''original'' asschers than today''s Royal Asschers do. If you''re going for the ''antique'' look -- go ''generic''.
If/when I ever upgrade--it will be to a generic stone, for this very reason. If the stone I have hadn''t come to us serendipitously, I would have definitely chosen a generic stone. I like the wider steps anyway
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 8:10:53 PM
Author: musey
Date: 8/19/2007 7:50:05 PM
HOWEVER today''s ''generic'' asschers look more like the ''original'' asschers than today''s Royal Asschers do. If you''re going for the ''antique'' look -- go ''generic''.
If/when I ever upgrade--it will be to a generic stone, for this very reason. If the stone I have hadn''t come to us serendipitously, I would have definitely chosen a generic stone. I like the wider steps anyway
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
And if *I* was upgrading to a 2ct like YOURS ... I''d be hard pressed to decide between a Royal & a Generic ... because they''re both so beautiful in 2ct+++++. Would have to pick on "personality" I guess. Oh to have that "problem"
3.gif
31.gif
9.gif
2.gif

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
I posted this information a little while ago in RockyTalky: according to several sources (independant appraisers and authorized dealers), Royal Asscher has ceased production of Royal Asscher Cut diamonds indefinitely. What''s out there already may be all there will ever be. The vendors I have spoken to are all low on inventory.

mjd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help and info guys - this forum rocks!! I didn''t realise that RAs were more expensive and if i was in the market for an asscher I would definitely buy the generic kind after reading these posts. Unfortunately i think i am going to have to abandon my idea of the asscher as I can''t afford (budget approx 6,000) the size I would like on my finger. My finger is 6.5 so i would like at least 1.4ct asscher to look decent (i think, bearing in mind that asschers face up small). So I think i will concentrate on find a round brilliant about 1.25ct - i''m looking at I/J ACAs on whiteflash website. I couldn''t find that Daniel K setting (at top of page) anywhere on line anyway.

I''ll post some settings i''ve been eyeing now that i have decided to go with rb.

Thanks again for all the help. MUCH APPRECIATED.
26.gif

mjd

Rough_Rock
This is a Sheldon Speyer ring with french cut baguttes - I hope turtledazzle doesn''t mind me posting it - v pretty!

sheldon speyer.jpg

mjd

Rough_Rock
close up of turtles ring

turtle_clo.jpg

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
Star17: I hope you''ve found the diamond that just takes your breath away... :)

Deco: I sure put alotta pics of The King (1.96)RA up on this website...along with a couple other diamonds i was considering at the time, as you know.

thing2of2: when i sent the 1.96 back, i had an agreement with the vendor (they were most excellent with me and my needs by the way) that they''d not offer the 1.96 for sale until i informed them that i really didn''t want it...they really were great. and, i couldn''t agree with you more...thank GOD i went with the Big Boy. :)

My wife and I are still as infatuated with the RA, as well as the ''throne'' it''s placed upon...to this day. Most definitely, the RA is authentic. Even tho'' this type of cut is ''known'' to show color, the J status of our RA is forgotten. it''s simply the most spectacular and unique diamond (ring) i''ve ever seen in my forty four years...the work i put into obtaining this diamond and setting is an experience i''ll never regret...thanks again to the many folks who helped me realize that this diamond was the one for my wife and i!

sorry for the late reply, just thought i''d check in. :)

most sincerely, ron.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 1:15:02 AM
Author: TierHog
Deco: I sure put alotta pics of The King (1.96)RA up on this website...along with a couple other diamonds i was considering at the time, as you know.
You sure did, Ron!! And we enjoyed every last pix! Here''s hoping you have a jewelry-buying occasion sometime soon so you''ll be back with more pictures & stories & good times!

Glad to hear The King is Alive & Well & being properly enjoyed!
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 1:15:02 AM
Author: TierHog
Star17: I hope you''ve found the diamond that just takes your breath away... :)

thing2of2: when i sent the 1.96 back, i had an agreement with the vendor (they were most excellent with me and my needs by the way) that they''d not offer the 1.96 for sale until i informed them that i really didn''t want it...they really were great. and, i couldn''t agree with you more...thank GOD i went with the Big Boy. :)

My wife and I are still as infatuated with the RA, as well as the ''throne'' it''s placed upon...to this day. Most definitely, the RA is authentic. Even tho'' this type of cut is ''known'' to show color, the J status of our RA is forgotten. it''s simply the most spectacular and unique diamond (ring) i''ve ever seen in my forty four years...the work i put into obtaining this diamond and setting is an experience i''ll never regret...thanks again to the many folks who helped me realize that this diamond was the one for my wife and i!

sorry for the late reply, just thought i''d check in. :)

most sincerely, ron.
So good to hear from you, Ron!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I''m thrilled that you and your wife are doing well. How about your Little TierHog?? ( Probably not so little anymore)
36.gif

I hope you''ll keep checking in as we miss you and your posts.

All the best to the whole TierHog family
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results