shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find mens solid gold ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wacamaster

Rough_Rock
I''m starting to browse for what I might like in a ring. I really like the looks of custom solid gold rings where it''s all chunky and so forth like it was made with a hammer. Where can I find these types of rings? I''ve googled it but so far I''m seeing fairly standard looking rings.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/27/2009 8:14:04 PM
Author:wacamaster

I'm starting to browse for what I might like in a ring. I really like the looks of custom solid gold rings where it's all chunky and so forth like it was made with a hammer. Where can I find these types of rings? I've googled it but so far I'm seeing fairly standard looking rings.
I am not sure what you mean by "custom". There are some bands that are already made, but that are made of 24K-i.e. solid-gold available. One can get these with a hammered finish or with other finishes. There are many of these rings available on eBay, and there there are also some available in on-line jewelry stores. One can even find that look in less expensive, sturdier, lower karat gold if one wants.

I am attaching a link to a page of wedding bands by some eBay vendors. Some (at least one) of the vendors have been around for a while and established a reputation. There are many others with rings available; I was surprised at how many. I used to follow the people who sell 24K gold jewelry on eBay very closely but I have apparently let some of the newer vendors slip by me!

I would feel secure buying from Atlantis Fine Jewelers, but there are other gold jewelry vendors there, too. Just be careful with new vendors. Watch their feedback and be sure that it isn't really coming from their friends and relatives!

This link takes you to a page of wedding bands:

http://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignOutConfirm&i=.754800071000990006000093000020005800111000490004500054000860005900027

I will try to take a look at rings with a hammered look available at on-line jewelry stores as well if you are interested in a lower karat model. Remember that 24K gold is soft.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Atlantis Fine Jewelers

This is the website of a eBay vendor that appears to have proven reputable. They sell a great deal of 24K gold jewelry and carry wedding bands. You can also, probably, e-mail them with a special request. There are several other, newer eBay vendors selling 24K wedding bands of the same kind now. I do not know if they have yet proven themselves. I remember that when Atlantis first came to eBay, it had a bit of a bumpy start! It has since straightened up and flown right to the best of my knowledge, however. Check their feedback!

If you are willing to pay high end prices, look at websites like Minata that carry Yossi Harari and Gurhan wedding bands, too. (I am not even sure that both designers make them!) I have a hammered gold band made by one or the other of those gentleman and I believe that I bought it through Minata. But I may have bought it through any licensed vendor of whichever designer it was!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diana Fine Jewels

This is one of the newer websites on eBay that carries a lot of 24K jewelry, including wedding bands. I cannot vouch for this vendor (or any of the other Bay vendors for whom I posted links). The pieces look nice. I would be especially careful with all new vendors, but I didn''t want you to miss out on seeing some of the jewelry available through this website.

Caveat emptor!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's A 14K Hammered Band

Here is a 14K hammered band. These seem to be readily available. I did a quick search and this ring popped up immediately. There were many others that came up in the search as well! I am not sure what terms you used when you searched.... Or, perhaps, I have been looking for something other than what you want!

If you like hammered rings and want one in sturdy, 14K gold, however, it is available! Mainstream designers have now started to copy in everyday metals the high karat, hammered look that used to be executed only in 24K gold by Yossi Harari and Gurhan.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a really chunky 14K ring for you! This one is also brought to you by Pompeii 3 Jewelry (of which I had never heard until today).

Deborah
34.gif

14KRingByPompeii3Jewelry.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This lovely hammered wedding band in 14K gold is from James Avery. That is a vendor from whom I have bought in the past, albeit only by catalogue and Internet. I have a truly lovely nativity charm bracelet from him. I would love to wear this band, too!

Deborah
34.gif

JamesAveryWeddingBand.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the wedding bands shown on an eBay website. Since I was actually posting some photos, not just links, of other (less desirable) 14K bands I thought that I might as well post some photos of some of the hammered, 24K bands one can find on eBay!

Deborah
34.gif

24KeBayBand2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another hammered 24K gold wedding band from eBay.

Deborah
34.gif

GoldbandFromEBaY.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/27/2009 8:14:04 PM
Author: wacamaster

I''m starting to browse for what I might like in a ring. I really like the looks of custom solid gold rings where it''s all chunky and so forth like it was made with a hammer. Where can I find these types of rings? I''ve googled it but so far I''m seeing fairly standard looking rings.

wacamaster, did you forget you asked a question here or just lose interest in the topic? The devil of the problem is that now you have got me interested! Where did you disappear to?

Deborah
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results