shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find large geodes for home decor?

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
I'm interested in a large and beautiful amethyst geode to showcase in my home. Does anyone have tips on the best places to start my search? Budget wise, I'd like to keep it under $1000. I don't have specific dimensions in mind, I just want something beautiful with a good vibe and an impressive presence.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen a lot of really big geodes at gem and mineral shows. Does Intergem have any shows in a city near you?

You can also buy online, but I think it's better to see it in person if you can.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see these really large ones in Tucson at the gem shows every year. I don't pay attention to the vendors or prices, since they are really not my thing, but do like looking at them. Some of them are so big you could sit in them.

geod1.jpg

geod2.jpg

geod3.jpg

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, there are no shows coming anywhere near me in the next six months...I will likely have to look online.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Ebay and Etsy have quite a few. I found an Ebay seller called cosmiccuts who has a ton listed, though I haven't bought from him. Wherever you choose to buy, I would ask about the shipping cost/process. I'd be wary of buying from smaller sellers because I wouldn't trust them to know how to pack and ship crystals without damage.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Look around on Google for rock shops in your area. I recently went to a local shop to get a geode myself and the shop I went to had some in all sizes, including really giant ones. I would suggest trying that route, that way you can see the sizes in person and also wouldn't have to worry about potential shipping issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results