shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find earring "sets?" Sterling, stainless, or YG.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mary, mother of mollusk, the first time you change a new piercing hurts.

Okay, so I got new holes pierced in my ears back in February. I had WG studs put in. I'm also on blood thinners for the next 5 months or so, so I may be healing weirdly. I don't know if it's an allergy, or if I just heal reaaaaaaaally sloooooooooowly these days, but my piercings are still sore and prone to getting angry if I don't clean them assiduously (which, hey, I'm a tidy person, but sitting there with a saline pad clamped to your ear twice a day is boring and time-consuming). So I figured I'd swap my WG studs for different earrings, and see if that encouraged them to heal faster.

Yeah ... apparently, my taste runs to ENORMOUS earrings. I knew that, intellectually, but I thought I had some little ones! Yeah, apparently not - even my pearls are too big to look okay in the upper holes. I finally managed to dig up some little silver crescent moons for my uppermost hole and a pair of silver hoops for the middle hole, and I figure I'll wear dangly earrings in the lowest hole to balance them out for the next week or so, but just to have a little variation - can you guys point me to places that sell graduated "sets" of earrings, or, alternately, just little earrings?

I'd love to find a set of graduated small hoops, for example - any thoughts on where one might find some? Am trying to stay away from WG or anything that might irritate the skin, so no costume. Thanks!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Re: Where to find earring "sets?" Sterling, stainless, or YG

I have the same reaction to silver earrings in my second hole. They get all red and irritated, so annoying! I can only use 14k and higher in the second holes and only small ones. I have my diamond studs in the first hole and a small 14k white gold cz stud in the second because I tend to lose those a ton - so they are all cheapy!

I got them on amazon - are studs, but may help you.

Silver ones:
http://www.amazon.com/Nickel-Round-...7FOG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1307730928&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silv...S5H2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307730928&sr=8-2

Gold ones
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Champag...04/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1307730948&sr=8-29

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

D&T|1307730801|2942704 said:
Circe- is this what you are looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-14k-Gold-Po...51575?pt=US_Fine_Earrings&hash=item45f7d7b1f7

I use peroxide and Q-tips to clean my ear holes, seems to do the trick for me at a faster rate and comes in a huge bottle for cheap.

YES - exactly like those! I'd love to find even smaller ones for every day, but those are exactly the sort of thing I was thinking off. Thanks, D&T, and a question ... do you have to take the earrings out entirely, or is it enough to clean around the post? It's removing and reinserting them that's particularly irritating.

rhbgirl24 said:
I have the same reaction to silver earrings in my second hole. They get all red and irritated, so annoying! I can only use 14k and higher in the second holes and only small ones. I have my diamond studs in the first hole and a small 14k white gold cz stud in the second because I tend to lose those a ton - so they are all cheapy!

You know, it never occurred to me that part of my ear might be more sensitive? But it makes sense, somehow ... I'm not allergic to WG anywhere else, but who knows how cartilage responds as compared to soft tissue. I am going to have to try this! And thanks for the links - that's a nifty selection. I tend to lean towards bezels, 'cause I'm weird, I guess, but now I know where to start!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If I haven't worn earrings in a while, I clean really well with peroxide prior to putting my earrings on, using the Q-tips really help get into the holes better. I keep my earrings in even while sleeping (I dont like studs for this reason) and I only clean around my post once in a while. I noticed a pattern that if I leave my earrings off for 3-5 days and reinsert, I am prone to getting an infection, but if I leave my earrings on indefinitely (only remove for cleaning the piece and reinsert right after), I get less infections :confused: so I tend wear huggies since its seems to be easiest to clean while still in the ears. With studs, you have the backings that gets all gunked up and harder to maneuver with q-tips so it seems to me that I have to clean those three times more often than my huggies. HTH

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Circe|1307731871|2942725 said:
You know, it never occurred to me that part of my ear might be more sensitive?

It’s really strange, but for me my first hole almost never gets irritated (I can put costume in for an evening but not extended wear), but my second and third holes cannot stand anything but gold (and platinum but I have never had platinum earrings)... and recently I had to take my third hole earrings out all together because they are just constantly irritated. I noticed after I let them rest for a few weeks that they were pierced through cartilage (I guess we have some floating cartilage in our lobes...). :wacko: the body just does strange stuff sometimes. :knockout:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

My second holes get irritated if I try to put earrings back in after not wearing them for a while. It takes a while for them to heal but then they're fine. My first holes never get irritated though. It's weird.

Circe, I have a few earring sets and I usually find ones at Macy's or even Claire's. I've even bought (YG) studs that you typically get when you first get your ears pierced. I'm not sure what would work for you, but sets are generally pretty easy to find.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock

I have two sets of sterling hoops from these folks and love them. They also do gold.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MysticMoons
They're a little bit of work to get them in and out, but totally worth it if you're looking for some to put in and leave in for months at a time. I've got three holes in my left ear and the middle one always wants to give me trouble. And I've had the silly thing for 30 years.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

texaskj|1307761105|2943055 said:
I have two sets of sterling hoops from these folks and love them. They also do gold.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MysticMoons
They're a little bit of work to get them in and out, but totally worth it if you're looking for some to put in and leave in for months at a time. I've got three holes in my left ear and the middle one always wants to give me trouble. And I've had the silly thing for 30 years.
I really like that site, Texaskj! It does look like the earrings would be hard to put in and take out though. It's a good thing I tend to leave earrings in for a while before switching.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results