shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find best peach sapphire?

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
I originally posted in other category. I was going to replace the oval morganite in my engagement ring with a peach tourmaline. I have a little extra money and in long run I'll probably be better off. Anyone know sellers of peach sapphires? Need an oval min size 8mm x 6mm

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s your budget and is your current setting restrictive to the exact oval shape?

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
Want to stay under $1500. I'm going to find out tomorrow on if I can go bigger with stone. Current morganite is 8mm x 6mm

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
Prefer peachy orange over being heavy on the pink side

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This one actually looks ‘peachy’ to me in some of the photos - worth a call maybe? To see if it’s that way to the eye.

Attachments

• 94D96C96-2373-43EA-AAF3-3C46199BE0B5.jpeg
    94D96C96-2373-43EA-AAF3-3C46199BE0B5.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 126

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
I did look at pinned post for preferred vendors found some possibilities

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From my limited experience
Peachy pink is hard to photograph and come across to a monitor. The pink tends to take over and the orange/peach tends to disappear. Sometimes. Depends on the lighting too.
Plus
I have a pair of pinky brown-ish zircon from multicolor that photograph much pinker than irl, even to they do have a definite pinkness in some lighting. Others it’s straight flat brown.
Looking at the Multicolour stone you linked - my guess is it’s brown. Not peach.
But color is subjective. Your monitor is different than mine.
You may need to bring in a few to learn what you like and how they change in different lighting and irl eye vs monitor.

Best wishes
- it’s your engagement ring right? Take your time and devote a bit of your budget to finding something you can love for a long time.

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
From my limited experience
Peachy pink is hard to photograph and come across to a monitor. The pink tends to take over and the orange/peach tends to disappear. Sometimes. Depends on the lighting too.
Plus
I have a pair of pinky brown-ish zircon from multicolor that photograph much pinker than irl, even to they do have a definite pinkness in some lighting. Others it’s straight flat brown.
Looking at the Multicolour stone you linked - my guess is it’s brown. Not peach.
But color is subjective. Your monitor is different than mine.
You may need to bring in a few to learn what you like and how they change in different lighting and irl eye vs monitor.

Best wishes
- it’s your engagement ring right? Take your time and devote a bit of your budget to finding something you can love for a long time.

Already been engaged and married 4 months today we hot ripped off with engagement ring morganite not the quality advertised

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AJS and multucolour ones you linked will be brown, not peach.

You need to also consider cut. A horribly cut stone won't look good because it won't reflect light. Its tricky to shop for a specific size, shape, and color. What is your engagement ring setting like? Are you open to changing the entire ring?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Julia b jewelry on Etsy

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
The AJS and multucolour ones you linked will be brown, not peach.

You need to also consider cut. A horribly cut stone won't look good because it won't reflect light. Its tricky to shop for a specific size, shape, and color. What is your engagement ring setting like? Are you open to changing the entire ring?
I love the setting hate the stone not entirely open to new setting but if prongs or basket can be altered but the detailed part left alone
20200131_155317.jpg 20200131_113811.jpg FB_IMG_1580527751137.jpg

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
Not necessarily against the slightly leaning to copper or brown color I would prefer that over something that is on the pink side of the scale of colors

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay
That narrows it down to what color you are looking for :)

E5DC82FD-DC92-4F14-A38A-23330DDDBB08.jpeg

If you are open to zircon, that is. Multicolor has some shades of the color you are linking to as well that you might like. Pristine gemstones on Etsy does as well..

Last edited:

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
I love the setting hate the stone not entirely open to new setting but if prongs or basket can be altered but the detailed part left alone
20200131_155317.jpg 20200131_113811.jpg FB_IMG_1580527751137.jpg

No help on the stone but to me in the pictures, that setting looks like it was made for a smaller stone and the current stone is barely set into it

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
Because of art and gardening I'm used to having my ring worn on a heart necklace tourmaline isn't as hard of a gemstone but I'm in love with both of these. The seller has offered to double the return window if it doesn't work out. Screenshot_20200212-172445_Etsy.jpg Screenshot_20200212-172517_Etsy.jpg

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
No help on the stone but to me in the pictures, that setting looks like it was made for a smaller stone and the current stone is barely set into it

I'm going to very highly reviewed local jeweler tomorrow to see what there thoughts are.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Using a vendor with a solid return program is priceless.
Seeing the color of the stones in your lighting environments is essential.
Falling in love with a photo online is sometimes similar to setting yourself up for a wild goose chase.
Hope your local jeweler can help you.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's this one I saw. Is lab created a big no? Screenshot_20200212-145953_Etsy.jpg
Whether to purchase a lab sapphire is very much a personal decision, If you'd like to discuss-explore that option further, head over to this PS forum, if you've not already spent time there. A couple of currently on-going threads would be of special interest to you.

Don't know if you noticed the 1.858 ct SapphireSource mined sapphire is shallower than the other, comparable-in-face-up-size ones you've looked at. And while colored gems with greater relative depth also can have a non-tilt window, shallow stones are more prone to ending up with one.

The window in this stone would bug me (I viewed the vendor's YouTube video to see if that might prompt me to change my mind, but it didn't) & I honestly think you can do better for the same amount of money or less. Best of luck at your local jeweler's tomorrow!

Slmark84

Rough_Rock
Holy lord of gem rings. I found a similar setting as mine. He is working on getting a quote for me. I'm going to keep engagement ring as is but move to different finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results