shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find a round emerald about 1.0-1.3 mm in diameter? Basically melee size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts on where I can find a round emerald that is around 1.0-1.3mm in diameter? Basically the size of melee stones.

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
No I am not replacing a lost one. I would like to insert one on the inside of a band for birthstone/sentimental reasons. Being that I'm using it as a birthstone, I would prefer to use an emerald instead of the alternative but if I can't find the size that I want then I may not have a choice (unless I get a custom cut).

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I would contact The Gem Doctor

He re-cuts damaged stones and also matches existing stones I believe. He certainly does a lot of work with emeralds.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Israel Diamonds is my suggestion. I''ve bought several calibrated diamonds, and rubies from them. Fast delivery, great to work with.

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
There's no doubt that I will be posting pictures of my final piece once finished. I am having Leon Mege work on my setting design and just spoke to him earlier today. He also recommended the alternative, demantoid, mostly because the last time he tried to find a small emerald, he said it was rather difficult and delayed the project much too long. I thought I would do some of my own preliminary research to see what I could find.

Thanks to everyone for their contribution. Any additional input is always appreciated.
26.gif

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
By the way, I found this place:

http://www.gemhut.com/emerald.htm#CEMR

I didn''t order from there though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not have Leon source the stone? He has his own coloured gemstone connections and picks out lovely ones for his customers.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Maybe try ebay? It is so small that I am not sure if the quality matters - as long as the color is nice.

I have two pink diamonds in my e-ring that are about 2 to 3 mm. They are so tiny that I can't even see them. I regret paying extra :razz: I should have listened to PS and got pink sapphires or something.

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
Leon said the last time he had to source a small emerald, he had such a difficult time sourcing one so small and it took him such a long time which ultimately delayed the project. So instead he recommend an alternative stone that looked the same (can't remember the name). Since emerald is my GF's birthstone I thought I'd try to get the real deal first. Although ultimately she wouldn't care if it was real or not and would mostly appreciate the gesture.

I ended up sending that gemhut link to Leon and told him I'll leave it up to him to decide.

Thanks for the input!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case, how about a demantoid garnet? It has a very intense green and sparkles like the dickens. Most also come in rounds and are fairly small.

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
So Gemhut''s smallest round emerald is 1mm and I need one that is 0.8mm. Any ideas? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results