shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find a pretty pink stone ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend wants to buy her mother a ring. Her mom likes pink stones in white metal. Her budget is only $200. Any suggestions on vendors?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dan Stair of customgemstones.com has some very affordable pink tourmalines. I would ask him if he has anything, or if he can cut you anything, in your price range, which can run $100. Liebcor on ebay has simple settings for calibrated stones, no diamonds, for around $100.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always liked the idea of pink spinels, but I don''t know much about them...

Sorry I couldn''t be of more help!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
A complete non-response to the post, I just had to tell you I love the changing photos of your little girl in your avatar!
1.gif
(it goes by quickly, doesn''t it?)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I agree, pink spinel or tourmaline might do the trick. I think gemrite.com has some that might fit into budget. It will be difficult to fit both a stone and setting into $200, though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 8:43:27 AM
Author: icekid
Actually.. rhodolite garnet it another idea, and can be pretty inexpensive and just lovely!

for example- http://gemrite.com/cubecart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=191
Good idea, although some rhodolites can be very dark. Check out gem 73 on Gene's page. It's even cheaper than gemrite, and it's not much smaller. I'm shocked that this one has been on his website for so long considering he thinks it's top color for a rhodolite, and you can't beat the price.

http://www.precisiongem.com/html/html/Garnet_Red.html

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 8:51:07 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Good idea, although some rhodolites can be very dark. Check out gem 73 on Gene''s page. It''s even cheaper than gemrite, and it''s not much smaller. I''m shocked that this one has been on his website for so long considering he thinks it''s top color for a rhodolite, and you can''t beat the price.

http://www.precisiongem.com/html/html/Garnet_Red.html
I forgot about that one! Gorgeous stone and would definitely be helpful budget-wise.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
She might want to check out overstock.com if she wants a ring already made.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
T,
Size, shape and style?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Simply Sapphires has some pinks for $150ish if she'd consider a sterling silver setting.

Darn it, this is twice the budget but a realllly lovely piece

ETA: Within budget:
pink trillion Diamonds look dark, but the pink is pretty.

Pink five stone stones look kinda included on the zoom, would ask questions before buying.

Pretty tourm, a darker pink.

I would maybe see if Dan can cut you a pink spinel within budget, his stones have a whole lot of brilliance.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your awesome suggestions! I passed them along to my friend.

TL, I sent her your links and your setting suggestion. I have never heard of them before. Love Gene''s stone. That could be a perfect option.

TGal, no problem!

ying, an already finished ring might be easier and less intimidating for her since she''s not really into jewelry buying (the shame!) Thanks for your suggestions!

babysteps, it is going by too fast! Thanks for the nice compliment on my sweet girl. Love the cutie in your AV!

icekid, it is a low budget. She wants to give it to her mom as a gift at my friend''s wedding. It is in Sept. so maybe if she sees something she LOVES that''s enough time to increase the budget a bit.

kismet, overstock is a good idea! Love all your rings!

Harriet, I am not sure what shape, shade or ANY details of what she wants. She just said pink in WG. Not much to go on but maybe I can add more info after she sees these suggestions.

mer, thanks for your suggestions. The one twice her budget IS really pretty. Oh well. Haha. Sterling silver is a good idea to cut costs.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Just one little warning on fluorite - it may be pretty, but it''s very soft and extremely easy to cleave.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll go hunt.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
What about a Malaya garnet? Does she like an orangey pink?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''ll be tough to get both stone AND setting for $200, not to mention the setting cost. With metal prices sky high, I like the suggestion of sterling silver too.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know...I wonder it etsy has something...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results