shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to do an appraisal and resizing done in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I2icky

Rough_Rock
So I recently purchased an engagement ring, but unfortunately it''s too big
7.gif

I am planning to go get it appraised as well as getting it resized around 1 size smaller. This is a ring with sidestones so I want to go to a jeweller that is reputable and is known to do good work.

I did a bit of research on the forums and noted that Martin Sheffield does good work in the form of appraisals, but does anyone know where I can get a ring resized? I heard a little bit about Damiani out in Woodbridge, and they also do appraisals too. Would it be better for me to have both the resizing and appraisal done there or should I do them separately?

Also, other than Damiani, are there any other jewellers that are reputable within the area?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 9:27:19 AM
Author:I2icky
So I recently purchased an engagement ring, but unfortunately it''s too big
7.gif

I am planning to go get it appraised as well as getting it resized around 1 size smaller. This is a ring with sidestones so I want to go to a jeweller that is reputable and is known to do good work.

I did a bit of research on the forums and noted that Martin Sheffield does good work in the form of appraisals, but does anyone know where I can get a ring resized? I heard a little bit about Damiani out in Woodbridge, and they also do appraisals too. Would it be better for me to have both the resizing and appraisal done there or should I do them separately?

Also, other than Damiani, are there any other jewellers that are reputable within the area?
Welcome!

Are you in Canada or the US? If you are in the US then you can use this tool to find an appraiser in your area

http://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Martin Sheffield is a diamond vendor, I don''t know if he is also a qualified appraiser - I haven''t heard that he is but maybe that is wrong!

Any jeweller should be able to resize the ring for you without too much difficulty.

I2icky

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Unfortunately I am in Toronto and therefore I cannot use that tool to find appraisers within my area. I know that Martin Sheffield is a good appraiser, but since I also need a resizing done, I am unsure whether I should also get it down at the jeweller, since I am not sure what reputable jewellers thare are in the Greater Toronto Area.

Furthermore, would it be too hard to resize a ring with sidestones (5 sidestones each side making up approximately 0.30 carats) down a size? This is also the reason why I want a reputable jeweller that is known to do good work.

I2icky

Rough_Rock
Just called BN and it seems like they recently changed their policy and they DO do resizes now even to shipments to Canada. No extra taxes and you just pay for the shipping :)

So I guess I will be sending it back :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results