shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy opals?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone please recommend a good online source of opals? Opal is my daughter''s birthstone, and since she is the first grandchild on either side of the family, I would like to get her grandmothers each a piece of opal jewelry for their first Mother''s Day as grandmothers. One wants a ring and the other a pendant. I probably need to buy loose stones so we can design settings they like. Unfortunately, my local jeweler does lovely settings, but does not really deal in opals.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

recently I was looking to buy and found a great selection and good service here
http://www.aussietreasurechest.com.au/

he seems to have something in all price points.
He also has an ebay store, but the prices are cheaper in this link - if you ask,
he may discount a lil further too
2.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation, arjunajane! That site has some gorgeous opals! I adore the black and semi-black Lightning Ridge opals. There are a few that could work for the pendant. Unfortunately, they do not have much white opal, and I think I need a white opal for the ring because it will have sapphire side stones and I don''t think black opal will have enough contrast for sapphire sides (although I could be wrong).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might also email Dan Stair (customgemstones.com) because he cuts opals pretty often. Heck, he might even have some on his website right now. It''s something to look into at least!

And may I say, what a lovely project idea!!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dan has a nice opal on ebay right now.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I get mine from Dan.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:45:49 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Dan has a nice opal on ebay right now.
What is his seller name on ebay?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Go to his site www.customgemstones.com and there is a link to his ebay auctions in the middle of the page.

If you will email him your needs, he can likely do something for you to meet your desires.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results