shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy loose pearls for these custom earrings?

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Hey all,

Very new to pearls. Looking to get two sets of pearl earrings made. Here're the designs. The 7 pearl one is a gift - looking for a good quality but not like gem quality pearls. I would like the pearls for the three pearl earrings to be of very high quality. Of course, without really breaking the bank.

I have 2 questions:

- Where can I find loose pearls in the 4mm size for the first set of earrings?
- What pearls do you think are in the three pearl earrings? And where can I find loose pearls like that?

Thanks in advance! 3 pearl.jpg

Attachments

• 7 p.jpg
    7 p.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 15

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all,

Very new to pearls. Looking to get two sets of pearl earrings made. Here're the designs. The 7 pearl one is a gift - looking for a good quality but not like gem quality pearls. I would like the pearls for the three pearl earrings to be of very high quality. Of course, without really breaking the bank.

I have 2 questions:

- What pearls do you think are in the three pearl earrings? And where can I find loose pearls like that?

I think it very much depends on your budget. What is your budget for each piece? Takahashi would be a safe choice. Moline would possibly be more expensive but also a very safe choice. Pearl Paradise is another good choice. Having just received my third shipment from Wen pearls on Etsy (@Daisys and Diamonds can attest!) their pearls blow me away for the price. I bought a pair of $17 cultured pears from Wen that absolutely rival my $80 akoyas from Takahashi. The nacre on the Takahashi is thicker with better luster… but I think you have to decide how perfect you want the pearls to be and what your budget will be. In these pictures, Wen pearls are on the left and the Takahashi are on the right.
On your three-pearl earring example, they could be silver akoyas… Maybe the darkest one is south sea but I think it looks too small to be south sea, so I’m not sure…
IMG_7907.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7906.jpeg
    IMG_7906.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7905.jpeg
    IMG_7905.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it very much depends on your budget. What is your budget for each piece? Takahashi would be a safe choice. Moline would possibly be more expensive but also a very safe choice. Pearl Paradise is another good choice. Having just received my third shipment from Wen pearls on Etsy (@Daisys and Diamonds can attest!) their pearls blow me away for the price. I bought a pair of $17 cultured pears from Wen that absolutely rival my $80 akoyas from Takahashi. The nacre on the Takahashi is thicker with better luster… but I think you have to decide how perfect you want the pearls to be and what your budget will be. In these pictures, Wen pearls are on the left and the Takahashi are on the right.
On your three-pearl earring example, they could be silver akoyas… Maybe the darkest one is south sea but I think it looks too small to be south sea, so I’m not sure…
IMG_7907.jpeg

thank you for posting this
i am presently shopping for a 3 or 4 pearls for ring, but im rough with my hands, i had an amount in mind i was perpaired to wear per pearl but i just think with my track record im better to go on the cheaper side and just buy some spairs

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
you
Hey all,

I have 2 questions:

know i like your version better than your inspiration pic

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
IMG_7907.jpeg

Wen doesn't seem to have the pearls in the sizes I am looking for. Any other suggestions pls?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Did you try @katbran, https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en? Message her to see if she has what you’re looking for. You can also message Wen and ask her. She responds quickly. She might have access to something that is not listed in her shop. Otherwise, I am sure Takahashi and Pearl Paradise could find what you are looking for.

Wen said she doesn't have the sizes I am looking for. I will try Katbran. Thank you!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The least expensive option for the 7 pearls is to use Freshwater. Pearl Paradisze should be able to source those for you. Looks like the centre pearl is perhaps half a size up from the others.

The earrings with 3 pearls. One looks Tahitian. They come in all sizes though under 6 mm ones can be hard to find. Ahoy will work nicely for the others.

Are you certain of the size ? They look larger than 4mm ?

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
The least expensive option for the 7 pearls is to use Freshwater. Pearl Paradisze should be able to source those for you. Looks like the centre pearl is perhaps half a size up from the others.

The earrings with 3 pearls. One looks Tahitian. They come in all sizes though under 6 mm ones can be hard to find. Ahoy will work nicely for the others.

Are you certain of the size ? They look larger than 4mm ?

You are 100% right. I wasn't sure of the sizes. I reached out to Fine Pearl Rep on Etsy and they really were patient in showing me various options. They also set them in the formation of a cluster and showed me the spacing with different sized pearls. I think the best size was 5.5-6mm center and 5-5.25 mm outer pearls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results