shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy LGD melees please?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help please, knowledgeable folks, in that I would be grateful if you could point me in the direction of vendors that sell LGD melees please.

I am thinking of setting my 1.93ct Pink Sapphire 7.08 x 7.08mm in an Art Deco air line/gap diamond cluster setting, and am looking to use LGD instead of earth-mined ones, as I suspect they would need to be about 4-5mm or larger.

This is the stone:

SAP658.jpg

This is the setting I have in mind, modified with no millgrain and a thicker shank at the top. The Emerald in this inspiration ring is 4.2mm in diameter:

102ed-antique-style-emerald-and-diamond-ring-523ba-650.jpg
Thanks in advance.

DK :))

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Melee is usually sold in bulk...and typically ungraded. Might be a good avenue to seek out a highly trusted/reputable jeweler that works with LGD melee that can get you (and actually deliver) the color, clarity, and cut quality that you want.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distinctive Gem sells high cut quality LGD melee.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

This pink Sapphire is my most expensive CS to date and it deserves a good setting in the design that would have been my dream ER had I gone down the aisle again which is not going to happen. :lol-2:

I shall ask my usual bench in China to price it up using earth-mined stones first to see if it is doable.

I may ask DK to make the ring for me using LGD if earth-mined stones are too costly for this project.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Try maybe Ouros jewels on Etsy. He sells loose stones in every size, and if he does not have it in his shop listed, you could inquire.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Issue resolved...

The bench quoted for both earth-mined and LGD, and the difference is less than 400 GBP, therefore, I am likely to go with earth-mined stones, as this stone deserves a good setting.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update on this project...

I opted for LGDs in the end as they were big at 4.5mm and it would cost a lot more had I had the ring made with earth mined stones!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results