shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy lab colored gemstones?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm totally new to colored gemstones. Where should I start my research for lab created colored gemstones? The recommended vendor list is quite intimidating! Hardness, cut, color, clarity, carat, and price are more important to me than a mined stone. Is there a James Allen or Blue Nile of lab colored gemstones?

I'm ideally looking for a 3-4ct emerald cut green stone, but am open to ideas. I'd like to set the ring in a rose gold setting for a cocktail/RHR. Will likely add side stones. I'm also open to an oval or cushion cut, possibly with a halo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We arent supposed to discuss lab gems here. But if youmove this to the fabulous fashion section we can help :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff White and Gary from Finewater Gems cut lab created CSs from time to time.

Jeff cut me this lab Emerald (his pic, shown next to my Imperial Topaz about 6ct that he cut for me), can't remember the specs though, and he charged me the minimum for a custom cut stone.

I have not bought any lab created stones from Gary, however I have seen them on his site from time to time, like this one (no longer available):

Gene at Precision Gems has a section dedicated to lab created CSs with many satisfied customers on PS. He has issues with GDPR and does not like non-US clients or something like that, so I don't bother with this vendor.

These are the ones I know, there may be more.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We arent supposed to discuss lab gems here. But if youmove this to the fabulous fashion section we can help :)

Oops, just realised the thread is in the wrong section!

DK :oops:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Mods, if you could please move this to the Fabulous Fashion section, that would be great. Thanks!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hardness, cut, color, clarity, carat, and price are more important to me than a mined stone.

You’ll need to investigate if man made synthetic emerald is any more durable than mined?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
We have this whole thread in Fabulous Fashion Jewellery if you want to take a look. I think we all name our vendors there too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results