shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy blue nuance stones?

zaeaton

Rough_Rock
Is there anywhere to buy blue nuance stones for cheaper? I want to make studs, and I want lots of size and sparkle at an affordable price (I’m ok with a blue tint). I’m just thinking outside of the box!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, zaeaton.

What total carat weight are you targeting and what is your budget for just the two loose diamonds?

You want subtle blue nuance (as in a E-F) or a bit more nuanced (G-J)?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about buying two 2ct Lightbox stones to make 4ctw studs?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
How about buying two 2ct Lightbox stones to make 4ctw studs?

Those won't be blue nuance since LB uses the CVD method from what I gather, Kim N.

Screenshot_20220613-202715.png

zaeaton

Rough_Rock
I’ve thought about buying the lightbox stones because of the price, I’m just worried they won’t sparkle as much due to their cuts though this is certainly an option! I’m looking for a total weight of 3 to 4 carats. If I go with a blue nuance, I’d like it to be faint. I don’t necessarily want blue, just thought it might be a way to save money!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those won't be blue nuance since LB uses the CVD method from what I gather, Kim N.

Screenshot_20220613-202715.png

I took the first post to mean that the OP wanted to maximize size and didn't mind blue nuance as opposed to actively seek blue nuance, which she confirmed in her next post. :))

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve thought about buying the lightbox stones because of the price, I’m just worried they won’t sparkle as much due to their cuts though this is certainly an option! I’m looking for a total weight of 3 to 4 carats. If I go with a blue nuance, I’d like it to be faint. I don’t necessarily want blue, just thought it might be a way to save money!

Several people here have bought 2ct Lightbox stones for studs and been very happy with them. Can you buy a few sets and keep the ones with the best cut?

We can also help you search other vendors if you provide your budget.

zaeaton

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! I would prefer to spend less than 4k, but could possibly go up to 6k total. Any ideas appreciated! I’ll be getting them put in simple white gold basket settings. Bonus if I can buy them somewhere that can also set them!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are closer to the top of your budget.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
These are closer to the top of your budget.

A perfect pairing, Kim N!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I like blue nuance too!
This is a 3ct pair for about $4,920 + setting of choice. James Allen is a bit more expensive in general, but they do have a trade up program which many people like.

You could also reach out to Jon at Distinctive Gem or Diamonds by Lauren and give them your desired specs and budget to see what they can do for you. Jon did a wonderful job of finding two gorgeous diamonds for me within my budget and I'm still thrilled with them over a year later.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I like blue nuance too!
This is a 3ct pair for about $4,920 + setting of choice. James Allen is a bit more expensive in general, but they do have a trade up program which many people like.

You could also reach out to Jon at Distinctive Gem or Diamonds by Lauren and give them your desired specs and budget to see what they can do for you. Jon did a wonderful job of finding two gorgeous diamonds for me within my budget and I'm still thrilled with them over a year later.

Wow, that looks like the perfect pairing - bravo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results